MPEG-TS to PS3

gigirex

MPEG-TS to PS3

Postby gigirex » 20 May 2010, 10:23

Hello!
How to convert a MPEG-TS movie to see it on my PS3 without loss of quality and, possibly, without doubling the size?
Thank you in advance and many congratulations for your program

Luigi, Rome, Italy
=====================================================================================

General
ID/String : 0
CompleteName : D:\Bugs A Rainforest Adventure 3D Hd Dvd Remux 1080P Vc-1 Ddplus F@Silu Disk1.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
FileSize/String : 4.30 GiB
Duration/String : 29mn 36s
OverallBitRate/String : 20.8 Mbps

Video
ID/String : 4129 (0x1021)
MenuID/String : 1 (0x1)
Format : VC-1
Format_Profile : AP@L3
BitRate/String : 18.9 Mbps
Width/String : 1920 pixel3
Height/String : 1080 pixel3
DisplayAspectRatio/String : 16:9
FrameRate/String : 23.976 fps2
Resolution/String : 8 bit3
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
ScanType/String : Progressive
ScanOrder/String : 2:3 Pulldown
Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 0.380
StreamSize/String : 3.91 GiB (91%)

Audio
ID/String : 4133 (0x1025)
MenuID/String : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
BitRate_Mode/String : CBR
BitRate/String : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)/String : 6 channel3
ChannelPositions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
SamplingRate/String : 48.0 KHz
StreamSize/String : 94.9 MiB (2%)
Language/String : en

7 Pro 32 bits Execution
C:\Programmi\QuickMediaConverter
C:\Programmi\QuickMediaConverter\QMC.exe
4.0.0.20 32 bits
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: MPEG-TS to PS3

Postby Team Cocoon » 20 May 2010, 11:35

Hello and welcome,

Thanks for your comment as well ,

The first thing to do in order to see if it works is to place your input file in QMC then go to the PS3 Icon and choose PS3 HQ mpeg4 NEW 1:1
Proceed with conversion .

The output size is mostly depending on ouptut H and W as well as Bitrate. This is relevant if you wish to use expert mode to work on personal settings to maintain the weight of the video you could also use the bitrate calculator in QMC to optimize (Last tab in expert mode )

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
bobbit

Postby bobbit » 27 Nov 2010, 13:39

:oops: I know what you mean. Ive been battling the TS format demon for the last month. Hope it works out for you. Will monitor your post and keep you posted of any http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm I hear.

Good Luck
Bobbit
bobbit

Postby bobbit » 03 Dec 2010, 23:39

Just out of curiosity gigirex, have you tried avi format on the PS3. Does it even play? One thing Ive had so much difficulty with when it comes to TS files is that when Ive burnt them, my burner (Express Burn) dismantles my avi files and if I have Express Burn set on the Video-DVD setting, it will break the avi file up into half a dozen different file types, including TS-Video, which usually contains little or nothing of the original avi file, it will also burn on the disc a couple of BUP files, a couple of .ifo files, but most of the information is put in the form of multiple .vob files, usually 3, for some reason the first two will have 0.99Gb in them, then the final .vob file will have a small (say 300mb) amount of the original info in it. I've learnt the hard way to stay away from any file that the VLC player especially likes. If you do use a burn program like Express Burn like I do, the only way you can keep the original .avi file is to burn the disc as a DATA-DVD file, with the FFMEG option turned off. I know this probably has little or nothing to do with your problem, but I also know that alot of people are using PS3 to play thier film etc these days, and trust me. If you ever need to take the disc you've burnt out of your PS3 and extract the files to your hard drive to copy for whatever reason. Having them all in the one .avi file will save you from the worst migraine you've ever had!!! By the way, as Ive said in my previous comments, you really cant beat Formatfactory (which I was highly suspicious of in the beginning), but afer deleting all the adware crap that comes with it has saved my sanity more times than I can count. I downloaded NCH's Prism for a while, but its only real merit is that its a simpler program to use, and once the totally useless 14 day trial is up, and if you decide to keep the free version basically does nothing except convert avi and a few other files. Conveniently including .vob files, I assume to fix the huge mess of files that Express Burn turns your avi files into. I was recently silly enought to download thier Videopad software for the trail period, to reassemble my three .vob files back into one, so I could then convert them back into a single avi file. Trouble is any avi file you send through Videopad, although kept into the avi file you've created. You will now discover has twice the file size of your original file, 700mb suddenly become and HD 1.6Gb file and is useless to a normal DVD player, and I imagine a PS3, this is why Formatfactory has helped alot. You can take these files and click on "All to mobile device" and then set the parameters like frames per second, Aspect (I ususally choose 16:9), you wouldnt believe the amount of avi's out there that are labelled as 16:9, but arent. Well, if I havent raved about it enough Formatfactory is my adware product of the year,hands down. It does everything you need it to do, and believe it or not is leaves NO WATERMARK over the final file. Hallelujah!

Anyway, now that Ive droned on forever, Ill let you guys get on with your day.

Have fun and keep experimenting, youll crack the answer eventually (It only took me 12 blank DVD-R discs to finally get my avi's out of HD and back to normal, and trust me, if I can do it ANYBODY can do it!!

Thanks for all,

The blundering bobbit from down under.
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 04 Dec 2010, 12:13

Hi bobbit,

if you try the easy mode and the button conversion PS3 it's working or not ?
ps3 easy mode.jpg
Ps3 Easy mode conversion
ps3 easy mode.jpg (34.7 KiB) Viewed 5689 times

Good Luck ...
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon

Return to “HD Video”