HD avi files to normal DVD playable files

bobbit

HD avi files to normal DVD playable files

Postby bobbit » 27 Nov 2010, 13:24

Hi,
Fantastic to find this site and the software. Thanks. Ive been having ALOT of problems changing HD avi files into avi files my old DVD (not HD) player will play. Ive read the instructions on how to convert these sort of files,but am still confused as to whether I press the DVD button or the HD button. The were originally 800mb, which I burnt three to a blank DVD disc, they went on as normal avi files, but after I burnt them with Express Burn Video option they were broken up into several different file types including .vob .ifo and TS files. None of the file types contained an entire file, after much brain work I decided the only way to get them back (even remotely) to thier original format .avi (which Im pretty comfortable with). Was to join up the all the .vob files back into one single file and then use Formatfactory to cut them back into thier original state. Good idea? Well, no. The trouble is that although the files are back in thier original state they are now roughly twice the size of the original files 1.6GB and larger, and my normal DVD player identifies them as HD and wont play them.
Any http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm?
Thanks
Bobbit
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: HD avi files to normal DVD playable files

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 30 Nov 2010, 21:42

Hello,

welcome on the forum.

why you don't use in easy mode the button Divx-Xvid and convert your HD files to SD files ?
These formats are compatible and permit to reduce the video size, so it is possible to resize on an DVD or CD.
You can also use the button DVD to keep a big quality but I not sure if the size is lower than 4 Gb...

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
bobbit

Postby bobbit » 02 Dec 2010, 00:06

Thanks for the advice, Ive written down pretty much everything Ive tried, and every button Ive pushed with no success. I think I have tried both of those options, but Ill have a look through my little black book and double check. One thing for sure, Im never going to try to paste three .vob files back together then re-edit them back into an .avi file then cut them using NCH's Videopad again. Ive checked the procedure, and its definately something that Videopad did that blew the sizes of the files out to double what they were originally, and magically turned them into unplayable (for me anyway HD files) Oh, well the mysteries of computing!!

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Bobbit
bobbit

Postby bobbit » 02 Dec 2010, 06:50

YEAH! After weeks of trying to find a solution to this reformatting problem, I started to try the ridiculous!....and it worked. Instead of using Formatfactory to do a straight .avi reformat, I decided to click on "All to mobile device" option. Then I added my file, and guess what? It worked. I had to fiddle around a little with the dimensions, but I didnt want to go to far in case it started to think they were HD files again, so I added a few mm to the width, cropped a few off the height. I didnt have to do that much really, what I did first was play the files in the VLC player and then press "media info" to get the current dimensions of the file I was watching, then I did a guesstamit of what I wanted. Also I made a note of what Aspect 16:9, 4:3. 5:3 whatever, to see which one covered the screen the best and didnt look too "stretched" or "stumpy"

Anyway, I just had to come back and let you guys know, every one who is thinking of spending 35 bucks on a HD converter, dont bother, just download Formatfactory (its actually ebay adware btw). Just delete the icon off the desktop and then go into >Start> Search "ebay" and delete any other cookies or ebay rubbish off your system, and hey presto, your going to be left with one of the best reformatters out there. Much better than NCH's Prism, or the effectmatrix software I mentioned earlier. The picture quality is just amazing. Fiddle around with it, and have fun!!

Thanks

Bobbit
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 03 Dec 2010, 01:26

Hello bobbit,

thanks' for your feedback.
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
bobbit

Postby bobbit » 03 Dec 2010, 23:09

Hi Cocoon guys & gals,
I love your site! And it really nice to find a place where you can get some impartial, non-judgemental advice from people who dont make you feel like an idiot if you didnt learn COBOL when you were 8, or are constantly trying to sell you something, not mentioning any company names here, please notice how I didnt once mention NCH?. LOL. By way of a thank-you, i'd like to put a the few dollars I have left at the end of the fortnight through pay-pal to help you keep doing what your doing, and believe me, computer illiterate fools like me need you guys to keep on doing it! Could you email me with the instructions?

A big fat thankyou from a big fat fan!

Bobbit from down under.
:D
bobbit

Postby bobbit » 03 Dec 2010, 23:10

D'uh, sorry I just saw the huge link you have under your signature for PayPal donations. Told you I was dumb! LMAO.
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 04 Dec 2010, 12:08

Hello,

Just to recall to everybody, this project life with the donation and without the donations we cannot continue to buy the location and maintenance of servers on the web needed to continue to support the project.

No obligation only spontaneous donations.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
Team Cocoon

Return to “HD Conversions”