HD Help

clarebuk

HD Help

Postby clarebuk » 21 Aug 2010, 18:04

Hi

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, i have spent the last 8 hours download every converter known to man and read every forum, my head is muddled.

Is it possible to download an AVI or other format movie, convert to HD which HD quality on my dvd player, if so which files types do i need to be downloading or converting to for this.

I cant get my head round all the avi, mpeg2 or 4 or mkv and mov and wmv

basically i get files from demonoid i usually use convertx to do avi to dvd then watch on tv

i have just bought a hd tv and dvd player with the 1080 upscaling on dvd, but i presume this only works on bought ones, any previous files downloaded would have to be done again if able to create hd dvd movies.

Please help i cant read anymore lol, i just download your Install hd 4-0-0-20 version but may already have tried am not sure been too many.

Thankyou

Clare
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: HD Help

Postby Team Cocoon » 22 Aug 2010, 10:23

Hello ,

If your original file is not HD then it would be useless to convert it to HD since you would not gain in precision but rather just obtain a much bigger file and probably with more pixellisation if you chose Full HD 1920x1280 for instance .

Typical HD avi are mp4 using h264 x264 codec. and Sizes commonly used for avi may be in 720p

Have you tried to do so in HD mode with our application?

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
clarebuk

Postby clarebuk » 22 Aug 2010, 15:52

am not sure what done to be honest

done so many i have lost track lol - i will try another when next get a file but yes regarding both problems i had when film converted to 131gb size must of been not hd
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 23 Aug 2010, 10:03

Hello and thanks for you reply ,

We will be waiting for your feedback :? ,

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
clarebuk

Postby clarebuk » 23 Aug 2010, 18:04

could you just advise me what file to convert an avi from to hd, just get all these options wmz mov files etc

if converting avi from pc to hd dvd that can play on dvd players please
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 23 Aug 2010, 18:39

Hello ,

Try going to HD mode and use the icon MPEG2 HD and one of the two submenus.

Make sure you use proper DVD letter sign according to what your dvd player supports usually DVD -R will be used for TV and dvd sets.

Before using standard dvd it is generally recommended to test with rewritable dvd so you do not waste anything if it does not work , also you should finalize the burning session .

Remember that HD files take a lot of place and may not fit on a simple DVD disk .

Hoping this will guide you a little .

Have fun and a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
clarebuk

Postby clarebuk » 24 Aug 2010, 22:43

Thank you will give it a whirl now

though dvd+r works better in uk, dvd-r only work in dvd writer not normal dvd players

so hd mpeg2 ok let you know

:D

Return to “HD Conversions”