from FlipHD (mp4) to HD mov

Deidre

from FlipHD (mp4) to HD mov

Postby Deidre » 16 Aug 2010, 16:54

I've spent about 12 hours looking through forums here and trying different options, and even custom expert profiles, so I need help!!

I have some HD video from a FlipHD (in MP4) and my end user needs it in MOV. I was successfully able to convert to AVI by going to AVI DivX Custom Resize Output and setting the dimensions to 1280 x 720 and got an AVI file that doesn't look diminshed. I was able to do similarly going to WMV.

However, after several interations of trying to do the same for MOV, even looking at pre-loaded expert profiles, everything seems to severly degrade the HD video and/or put the audio out of sync terribly.

Anyone know a fix or a magic profile??

Help! My client must have it in MOV.

(PS - love this converter, and AM MAKING A DONATION!!)
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: from FlipHD (mp4) to HD mov

Postby Team Cocoon » 17 Aug 2010, 13:36

Hello and welcome ,

Two possibilities ,

1 QMC version 4.0.020
Try QT ( Third icon ) and select H264 High Qulaity custom resize
Then enter 1280x720 to improve the image quality you could use expert profile and increase bitrate , it sometimes may need you to input a k after the bitrate for instance a BR of 3500 should be entered as 3500k

2) QMC Beta 4.0.0.30
Do the same as above
there the advantage is that you can select directly the bitrate from easy mode .

For the sync problem look in the technical information on your input file and check for video delay string ,

According to this value search our forum about sync issues we have already answered that many times so it should not be a problem finding a post related .

If you need any more help we will be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “HD Conversions”