Media Converter error

studiocity2

Media Converter error

Postby studiocity2 » 21 Jul 2010, 07:52

I have Windows 7 and when I first installed the Media Converter it worked great. My computer later crashed - I don't know if this was caused by the Media Converter or not. However since then it has not worked at all. I get the message below and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program with the same results. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thank you.

Erreur à la ligne 61 du traitement Procédure globale Creation_Fic.
Vous avez appelé la fonction HOuvre.
Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier <C:\Users\FMC\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>.
Le fichier n'a été trouvé ni sur disque, ni dans les bibliothèques (.WDL) ou les composants (.WDK) chargés.

Détail de l'erreur système :

The system cannot find the file specified.
(2)

Informations techniques

Projet : Converter

Dump de l'erreur du module <WD140HF.DLL> <14.00Icb>.

- Appel WL :
Traitement de <pConverter.Creation_Fic>, ligne <61>, thread <0>
Fonction <HOuvre>, n° de syntaxe <3>

- Niveau : erreur fatale (EL_FATAL)

- Code erreur : 70302

- Code erreur WD55 : 302

- Code d'erreur système : 2

- Message d'erreur système :
The system cannot find the file specified.

- Que s'est-il passé ?
Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier <C:\Users\FMC\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>.
Le fichier n'a été trouvé ni sur disque, ni dans les bibliothèques (.WDL) ou les composants (.WDK) chargés.

- Infos de debug :
##(IXStream)-Handle=<FFFFFFFF>##
Fonction (7,17)

- Infos attachées :
EIT_SRCFILE : <C:\Users\FMC\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>
EIT_LOGICALTABLENAME : <FORMAT>
EIT_PILEWL :
Procédure globale Creation_Fic (pConverter.Creation_Fic), ligne 61
Initialisation de Converter (), ligne 187
EIT_COMPOSANT :

EIT_DATEHEURE : 20/07/2010 23:35:53

- Pas d'identifiant dans le .err

Assistance
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: Media Converter error

Postby Team Cocoon » 21 Jul 2010, 19:26

Hello and welcome ,

This issue has already been discussed about here : http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1536&p=3998#p4177

You may want to check if that solution works for you , you may also want to use search tool to see if you find any other similar problem.

Having windows 7 works fine if you have 32 bits version installed it may be sometimes a problem when you use 64 bits .

Hoping this answered your question .
Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
studiocity2

Postby studiocity2 » 22 Jul 2010, 04:15

Thank you for your response. I looked over the link you provided and the forum material and I am lost. I am not a programmer. I don't know what a rar file is. I don't know any of that stuff. I am just a consumer who liked your product a lot when it worked. It doesn't anymore and I'm not really sure why.

If it worked I would be happy to donate as it is a good program - when it works. However, you guys are the programmers. Why can't you get it to work with Windows 7? It's not like I am trying to use Windows 95 or ME. Windows 7 is the most current Windows OS and it has been out close to a year. You've had a lot of time to make sure this product runs properly. If you want donations and you want people to use and enjoy your product, I think it's your job to get it to work properly. I am doing nothing unusual with this product and there is nothing unusual with my OS. It's just a failure of your product. I'm not trying to be abusive or a smart ass, but come on. You guys are programmers for the company that makes this product. Get it to work and don't expect consumers to do what you should have done a long time ago.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 22 Jul 2010, 08:16

Hello again ,

First of all let me put the record straight , I am not a programmer and cocoondev is, we are not the developpers of ffmpeg the main engine for this software is from open source community we are just making a nice user interface to allow you to have free software with ease of use because from what we read you would not be able to even install it properly and much less use the command lines that come with it . We do this on a voluntary basis and are not paid for our work so do not try to put any pressure on us or even blame us for anything, as the two of us handle this whole project. Rarely will you find a freeware with so much help as ours , most freeware are do it yourself type of stuff .

This said you have not answered any of our questions to begin with and this is a little bit like going to a restaurant and say serve me some food without telling them what you want then bitch because they did not serve you what you wanted ...

I personally run QMC just fine on windows 7 / 32 bits as thousands and thousands of other users do . so very likely the problem is on your side but we are still ready to help you , however how can we do so if you do not give us any essential information ?

I need you to answer at least two question:
Is your windows 7 64 bits ?
What version of QMC are you using ?

Here is what you have to do as explained in the link I gave you in the previous post :
The code error in the message 70302 : The system cannot find the file specified.

The software can't find the index file for the application in your home user directory.
Make a search with this wildcard *.ndx or on this file : FORMAT.ndx.
And also search if the directories exist : "Application Data\CocoonSoftware\QMC"
If the search don't find the files or any directory , you have two possibilities and :
the application can't create the *.ndx file or the directory don't exist.
If the application can't create the data file perhaps your anti-virus software is blocking the creation and thus disable temporarely your antivirus software and try again the installation.
You can also unpack the qmc file attached in this post and paste in the following directory:
-For Xp : c:\Documents and settings\"your user name"\Application Data\CocoonSoftware\QMC
-For Vista : C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\
- Or Instllation folder of QMC( example: c:\Program files\QMC\)

also I made the same file with zip another more common compresssion tool . and I join it to this post
MAke sure you do this with full administrative rights on your pc .
Let us know if this works,
It did already for many users .

If you do not manage you can also try our latest beta version QMC HD 4.0.0.30 Beta V4 Valid 60 days from install and up to release of the corresponding final version
Attachments
QMC.zip
File to extract in the directory specified in the quote
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
studiocity2

Postby studiocity2 » 22 Jul 2010, 15:31

Thank you for your reply. I apologize if I was incorrect that you have some kind of connection with Cocoonsoftware. That was my bad assumption. If you were part of Cocoon, which I thought you were, I probably was trying to put pressure on you. I did that because it is frustrating. I think when anyone downloads software they expect it to work and if it doesn't they get upset - especially when it seems to be a useful program. If it had been a crappy program I would have erased it from my system and forgot about it. So, my apologies if I offended anyone based on my bad assumption.

I will say that I don't really agree with your restaurant analogy. I thought I did give you everything. I copied the code and put it in my first message. As I said, I'm not a programmer. I didn't know you needed more until now. For all I knew the code I sent would have given you everything you needed.

I don't know a lot about Windows 7, but I thought it was a 64 bit operating system. Checking into this, I see it can be both and I have the 64 bit version. Funny, when installing it I don't remember being asked to choose one or the other. Maybe I was automatically given 64 bit because that's my previous operating system with Vista had. I know this is not the type of question you are here for, but can I change a 64 bit operating system to a 32 bit by using the Windows 7 install disk?

Finally, do you anticipate this program working with 64 bit? Thank you again for your help. I'm glad you responded and didn't just erase my post or tell me to get lost.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 24 Jul 2010, 11:12

Hello again ,

No harm done , Cocoonsoftware is the two of us so it seems things are not so clear yet we are indeed part of cocoon software and founders. Quick media converter is a user interface bundled to FFmpeg a free conversion engine developped by the Open source community around which we have built an easy interface to enable users such as you to convert your files without having to go through the tedious process of entering command code lines in order to achieve them. Concerning the restaurant I was only referring to the fact that as on every serious forums there usually are posting rules to follow click on this link to see what ours are: as you will see we request a lot of information from the users to narrow down on the problems as almost every user has a different configuration and it is therefore impossible for us to narrow down on a problem if we do not have the complete information.

In your case as explained before it is very likely that the problem comes from two possibilities

1) Windows 64 bits is know to create some issues with FFmpeg
2) You probably have UAC (windows security) set on high preventing QMC to install properly if you do not have full administrative rights .
make sure you run anti virus check because it is not normal if you are administrator of your pc you might have been hacked .
We also do not recommend you to reinstall in win 32 because it would mean you would have to reinstall your whole configuration.

The best way is for you to follow the procedure given to you before in order to properly install what was for some reason not installed . Ie Ndx files.
Hoping this helps you a little bit.
Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Return to “Windows 7 Issues”