windows seven issues?

Ego Warrior

windows seven issues?

Postby Ego Warrior » 19 Jan 2010, 16:31

Guys, I have been using QMC for some time now and found it to be an excellent product.
However, I resently upgraded to windows seven 64-bit.
The program installs and runs seamlessly as I had expected but when trying to convert a video file, I get the following error message every time.
"Error [video:3405146kb audio: 353448kb global headers:0kb muxing overhead 2,123528%]

This message or one very similar (some of the numbers may change) no matter what video I try to convert, or which version of QMC I use.

Is this a windows seven issue, a 64-bit issue, or am i just being particularly stupid?

Thankyou
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: windows seven issues?

Postby Team Cocoon » 20 Jan 2010, 02:15

Hello and welcome ,

Thanks for usng QMC ;)

The question that comes to mind in your case is does it do this for every conversion or only certain ones ?

The next step would be to try again , remember we are currently testing for windows 7 I am running the tests for 32 bits and sometimes indeed I need to try a couple of times before it works probably some instability in the new ffmpeg version we are using.

Thank you also for posting technical dataon your input file

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Ego Warrior

Postby Ego Warrior » 24 Jan 2010, 11:53

Yes the program does this to every conversion, (half a dozen different movies so far, although I am wiling to persist).
Incidentally, I'm using the 64 bit version, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the info so far
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 25 Jan 2010, 01:44

Hello and welcome ,

You are answering to Team Cocoon or to ego warrior ?

We have not yet completed testing Win7 so at this stage we do not have yet answers to problems that may arise . All I know is that you have to install QMC as admin by clicking right on the install file first I have had little problems with windows 7 32 bits so far and Cocoon Dev will have a look at this post as he will run also some tests on win 7 64 Bits.

Please let us know if you find bugs it will help us in validating and correcting win 7 64 for the future version.

Have a good day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “Windows 7 Issues”