.MOV files to .WMV

.MOV files to .WMV

Postby dowlers » 23 Jan 2009, 13:25

Hello!

After successfully using Easy mode to convert some video files from .mov to .wmv files so that I could use them in Windows Movie Maker, I experienced a considerable reduction in sound quality when I imported them into the program.

I was just wondering if anyone could give advice on how I could you expert mode to improve the sound quality after performing the conversion, i.e. everything fromwhat bitrates must I use to what codecs I need to input for sound and video etc etc

I could convert the files to .avi which can be read by windows movie maker. Though having been able to achieve this through expert mode the files do not play in Windows Movie maker or indeed in any "video playing" program such as Windows Media Player. This may be down to the fact that although I managed a successful conversion (i.e. no error messages) I may have used the wrong codec at some point.

Any help would gratefully appreciated! Thank you
dowlers

Re: .MOV files to .WMV

Postby Team Cocoon » 25 Jan 2009, 02:38

Hello and welcome ,

In QMC 365 load the wmv pal tv profile (blue folder with a star on the left).

Place the .mov file to convert in the active worksheet
If the audio quality is not satisfying go to Audio options and change bitrate or frequency to new values be careful this is very sensitive and may result in errors ...
You can also change channels 1=mono 2=stereo 3=2-1 and so on ..

If you wish to increase the picture quality go to the video options and change bitrate or play on video size .
In your case if it is to view on your computer you could set L= 320 H =240 ( 4/3)

Thanks for letting us know the outcome of your trials.
Hope that helps

Have fun
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Return to Expert Users Mode