MTV format required for MP3Player video

MTV format required for MP3Player video

Postby tomcatonnet99 » 28 Jul 2008, 16:06

Hi got Winxp home edition and QMC (latest stable version) running... works great!

just a question as regards a funny MP3 player which requires MTV format and its Chinese to English translated manual advises .........." Convert VMV files to MTV supporting MWV(??) and ASP files

how do I convert .MOV and .WMV to MTV format pls and do I require any additional codecs etc

many thanks
tomcatonnet99

Re: MTV format required for MP3Player video

Postby Team Cocoon » 28 Jul 2008, 16:29

Hello and welcome ,

If you check here
you will have the formats and codecs supported , most likely if they are not in that list is that they are not supported by Quick Media Converter nor Ffmpeg .

Where did you get this format from ? MTV music television ? if its copy right protected there is not much you will be able to do even with pay software.

Have a nice day.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby tomcatonnet99 » 29 Jul 2008, 02:28

Yep its the usual MTV format not a copyrighted one ... just need to get the right codec in expert mode, which ones would you normally use to convert any .WMV , .MOV , .AVI to MTV pls also do I select the video and audio or just the video in expert mode
tomcatonnet99

Postby Team Cocoon » 29 Jul 2008, 13:46

Hello again

tomcatonnet99 wrote:Yep its the usual MTV format not a copyrighted one ... just need to get the right codec in expert mode, which ones would you normally use to convert any .WMV , .MOV , .AVI to MTV pls also do I select the video and audio or just the video in expert mode

" MTV file type Is a form of video that plays on some video/mp3 players coming out of China"

FFmpeg at this time does not support this file type.

Try on videohelp.com to find a freeware that is more specifically designed for handling this type of file. Or try google "mtv files converter freeware" for instance.

As said before in this thread if a codec is not in the list and indicates error on conversions it is very likely that is is not supported by our application.

In expert mode the input file and output desired determine what you must use . Ie Mpeg to flv would need both .

Avi to flv only video etc ...

I hope it answers your questions.
Have a good day .
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby tomcatonnet99 » 30 Jul 2008, 13:06

Yes your answers have been spot on! many thanks!! :)

Hope the Chinese just used formats as everybody else does ........ heheheh

Is there a site or list you could possibly refer me to as regards the last part of my question ........ being : which file conversions would require video and or audio and which the possible combinations... would be great to see this feature to be automated in future versions of QMC.

cheers
tomcatonnet99

Postby Team Cocoon » 19 Aug 2008, 03:55

Hello and thanks for your feedback ,

Sorry for the delay in replying but somehow I didn 't see your post before. ..

You should try videohelp.com forumsthey are very active and probably they could explain in more technical details they have many experts on that site :)

Have a good day and thanks for letting us know how you liked it over there .
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Return to Expert Users Mode