MPG to WMV bitrates- Solved

MPG to WMV bitrates- Solved

Postby aec007 » 02 May 2008, 21:59

Hi guys,
Great product you have going here...
(I run Vista SP1)
I have converted several MPGs to DivX and WMV without problem... (actually your DivX conversion is FASTER that DivX's own converter with the quality on the same level, Kudos for that!).

I have a small problem with WMV quality... it plays and converts OK but the quality is relatively low at 500Kbps and the aspect ratio of a 16:9 MPG is lost to the 4:3 ratio of your standard WMV encoding)

I have tried to use the expert mode to increase the Bit rates but any combination I've done, results in errors... and don't know why.

Can you include better bit ratios in the 1 Mbps to 1.5 Mbps in the WMV option? (or at least give me the same parameters you use for the standard WMV conversion but increasing the bit ratio AND maintaining the same aspect ratio of the original movie)... Also variable bit rate VBR would be ideal to keep files small with great quality.

I'm asking this small favor because I would like to convert all my videos to WMV to keep them and be able to play them in MS Media Center which is very practical along with my audio collection.
I rather use MC than any other apps... it's practical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian
aec007

Re: MPG to WMV bitrates

Postby Team Cocoon » 05 May 2008, 22:10

Hello Adrian and welcome to our support forum ,

Sorry to reply so late, but we were very busy on the other side setting up the latest version 3.5 final about to be released.

There is indeed a problem in Expert mode for wmv conversion mode so do not worry, we have checked it and it appears we had a miswritten codec setting in the combo, it has been corrected for our next version and it works as we have been testing it thoroughly.

So at this stage there is not much more to say except that we are placing a patch (zip file)for 3.48you can get it directly from the forum in the announcements within the next few minutes.
We will then get back to you and let you know what to do and what bitrate could compensate the loss of quality due to conversion from 4/3 to 16/9.Ideally from 1000 to 2000 should do the trick these settings are now set to 2000 on the new version in easy mode.

We hope this answers your question .
Have a nice day.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Return to Expert Users Mode