Cropping

Fuchikoma

Cropping

Postby Fuchikoma » 06 Sep 2008, 12:38

I cannot make sense of the crop option in expert mode. I made several attempts to use it, but all of them faield (no conversion and "ERROR" displayed in the status column next to the file). I noticed that the field does not allow more than 2 characters, I inferred that means it is supposed to be a percentage (not pixel coordinates or width/length information)? Anyway, I'd like to be able to export only the central part of a movie screen (say the central 320x240 part of a 720x480 resolution movie). I used to be able to do this by specifying the (x,y) coordinates of the top-left corner and (width, height) values in iSquint (a freeware video conversion tool similar to QMC for Mac OS X). Any help much appreciated...
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: Cropping

Postby Team Cocoon » 06 Sep 2008, 15:00

Hello and welcome ,

We will try to help you,

First cropping is used to cut above (U) below (B) right and left bands on your clip.

In your case you probably need more to resize than cropping so do not touch cropping for that use .

If you input resize values it must be

x=Width
y= Height

You can also custom resize in easy mode for output formats as follows :
QT
Ipod
Flash
Avi Divx
Xvid
Wii

Make sure particularly in Flv that you respect the proper ratios and sizes accepted. Otherwise your clip might be distorted.

I hope this answers your question.

Have a good day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “Resizing & Cropping”