How to make no changes to the aspect ratio

thatrobguy

How to make no changes to the aspect ratio

Postby thatrobguy » 30 Dec 2009, 06:39

Hello,

I've been trying to find out how to "not" change the aspect ratio on all of my videos that I want to convert to Divx. I've tried to search for the answer here, but I haven't been successful at finding the answer, hence the post.

I've used Super Video Converter in the past, and it's really a hit or miss situation with regards to conversion, but with QMC it's been working like a charm! My only issue that I've been having is that I just want the video aspects to not be changed as I tried the 16:9, and it stretched a video out too much, and the 4:3 was too small. I don't want to fiddle with the expert controls for each video as I have a lot that I want to convert, and it would be way too time consuming.

I thank you in advance for your help in this matter.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: How to make no changes to the aspect ratio

Postby Team Cocoon » 31 Dec 2009, 02:16

Hello and welcome ,

In easy mode
1)Just place the file to be converted in QMC click right ( technical info on media file ) on it and verify aspect and sizes

2)Select Yellow button DIVX Format and go down to expert mode option in its menu.Depending on what you saw in 1) select 4/3 or 16/9
this last action opens expert mode with DIVX presets.

3)Go to video options tab and change W and H settings according to settings in original file .
4) Convert

That is it hope this helps just let us know

Have a happy new year ,
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
thatrobguy

Postby thatrobguy » 31 Dec 2009, 07:02

Thanks so much for responding!

I do understand about the expert mode for checking out the aspect ratio, and setting it to it, but my perhaps I wasn't clear enough: I'm looking for a way to just leave everything the way it is without touching the aspect ration, but choosing to convert my video files to Divx as my DVD player is only able to play that format. I have a lot of videos that I'd like to do at once and going through them all one at a time like that is very time consuming. I'd like to set it up before I go to sleep, and have them all done by morning...that sort of scenario.

I should point out that I've had 2 ffshow errors, but I think it's related to audio synch issues.

Anyway, thanks again for you help!:-)
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 03 Jan 2010, 09:55

Hello,

send the info file from video and so we can help you for the best profile.

Happy new year.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon

Return to “Resizing & Cropping”