Image Size -solved

Image Size -solved

Postby 159515100 » 24 Feb 2008, 01:39

I just downloaded the Quick Media Converter and am impressed with how easy it is to use. My problem which I hope someone can help me with, is the display size after the conversion. The original size of my AVI file was 640X480. In a pefect world, after conversion I would like my new FLV file to display 548 X 373 however the size it is being converted to is 183 X 138. Is there a setting I should be aware of that would allow me to set the size after conversion? I thank you in advance for your help and look forward to your response.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 24 Feb 2008, 02:33

Hello to you and welcome to our community forum

Normally we will not support too much expert modes as it gets very complicated and sensitive when dealing with complex settings , however your question is legitimate and many people will for their own reasons use non standard formats.
Normal mode FLV output should be 320 x 240 I am surprised at the valure you gave us ... "183 X 138"
There is no need to convert again you just need to go in expert mode first then convert to FLV after setting up +- as below :

In your case the best would be in two steps:
1) first collect all data info from your file by placing it on the active worksheet and click either the blue Info icon on the left or activate the file with the mouse cursor and then click right then select media info from the drop menu.

You activate the video options by clicking on the red button by Video options once activated it becomes green and you can select your own settings from there .

Container (flv in your case)
Codec( xvid )
Bitrate (the lower the more pixels)
Frame rate 25
recommended not to touch the aspect check boxes if you are setting your own sizes

then select
x width
y height

Make sure you input correct ratios for the type of output !

Trial and error method for settings is sometimes the best solution.

Leave the audio button on red if you want to record sound as is or activate it to green to change codec to mp3 for instance and change other settings .

We hope that answers your question

Looking forward to your news.
Team Cocoon
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Postby 159515100 » 24 Feb 2008, 04:46

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately the solution did not quite work. FYI: The version of the software that I am using is Beta Version 3.4 if that makes any difference. Here is what I did:

1: I went to the expert mode and added the previously converted FLV file into the active screen.

2: I then selected the select media option from the drop down menu and clicked on the red button under video options which turned it to green.

3: I then selected the output directory which in this case was my desktop.

4: Your directions indicated there should be a tab entitled "container" which was to read flv in my case however there was not option entitled "container". There was however an option that was entitled "output Video Format" which I used and selected flv.

5: Under Video Options I did the following:
A: codec: xvid
B: BiteRate: 128 (I tried, 1, 10, 100, and finally 128. Any http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm on what range this should be. This term unfortunately is foreign to me, sorry)
C: Frame: 25

Under dimensions I put in 548 for X and 373 for Y

I then checked 4:3 ratio and converted the file.

The file converted very quickly and indicated conversion OK.

I then went to my SlideShowPro Director program which allows me to upload the file for my website. When I uploaded the new file and went to my website I could not see the photo however I could hear the sound in the background. By the way, it would be my preference not to have any sound.

I am going to put on my website one of the old smaller videos and one of the new ones if you care to see what I am talking about. They will be the last 2 photos on the slideshow which can be found at http://www.thekingbrothers.com/lots.

Thanks again for any input that you can provide.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 24 Feb 2008, 16:24

The type of output size format is not accepted by ffmpeg because it does not respectd flv ratio sizes for the web.320x240 4/3

What you could do to avoid this problem is enlarge de size of your player on the website to the desired size and juts play the video in it ...
Normally if the size is preset to that aspect placing a flash video 640x480 or 320x240 should work...

If the website is yours ...
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Postby 159515100 » 24 Feb 2008, 18:13

The website is mine and I have already sized the screen to be full when photos are 573 X 373. Prior to placing any photos on the website I resize them to that size. To be consistent I want the videos to be the same size. I hope that makes sense and thus the reason I simply want my videos that I upload to fill the same size screen.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 24 Feb 2008, 19:25

What you need to understand is that flv does not support this type of output size recoding with ffmpeg, therefore the application gives you an error in expert mode.

The on web player should resize automatically the video output size but not the video characteristics themselves .

The world is not perfect :)

If you put a 640x480 it will fit it to the player in the size of the player ie 548 X 373 .

But probably the image will be distorted.. since the player is not 4/3 or 16/9

Does that answer your question ?
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Postby 159515100 » 24 Feb 2008, 22:36

It does. Thanks so much for your help, it is appreciated.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 28 Feb 2008, 13:35

You are welcome ,

Call again if you need anything else :)
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Return to “Resizing & Cropping”