Convert DVD movie to portable MP3/MP4 player-solved

gino_76ph

Convert DVD movie to portable MP3/MP4 player-solved

Postby gino_76ph » 24 Feb 2009, 15:24

i currently have the brilliant new Samsung P3 and i want to convert then transfer my DVD movie to it. how do i do that? and on what format normally do you convert DVD movies to?
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: Convert DVD movie to portable MP3/MP4 player

Postby Team Cocoon » 24 Feb 2009, 16:39

Hello and welcome,

Do you have technical specifications on your samsung ?

do you know what formats it supports ? please read users manual or technical specifications book on your device .

We only convert non protected files , to unprotect such files there are some tools such as dvdfavb .

To set the record straight we do not encourage piracy in any way.We are just a conversion tool provider.

What you do to get your files decrypted is under your own responsibility .

I guess this answers your question.

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
gino_76ph

Postby gino_76ph » 24 Feb 2009, 22:44

my Samsung P3 supports H.264 and WMV among others. i am not a pirate and would be stupid if i use QMC to make copies of DVD's. my only reason is to watch my fave movies on my player that is all.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 25 Feb 2009, 02:23

Hello,

We are convinced of that and nobody can tell you anything for backing up your own dvds after all you paid to use them .
Here is how once on your desktop you should do them :

Select the file you want to convert ( VOB or Mpeg Mpeg2 and many more will work) and drag and drop it on the QMC active worksheet.

Easy mode
1) MP4
choose quicktime H264 HQ mp4 and custom resize ( enter the size of your phone screen)
2) WMv
Choose the windows WMV icon then select Windows Media player custom resize. then enter the supported size .

Start conversion ,

Thats all there is to it , if we may http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm select first a small file to convert and verify that it works on your cell phone .

Thank you for letting us know the outcome ,

Have a nice day and good luck,
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
gino_76ph

Postby gino_76ph » 25 Feb 2009, 23:45

thank you very much. i can assure you that i will only use QMC for my own personal means.i know the law here in the UK very well and i won't risk my life just to "pirate" movies. thank you again.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: Convert DVD movie to portable MP3/MP4 player-solved

Postby Team Cocoon » 26 Feb 2009, 01:50

You are welcome ,

And do not get us wrong we do not want to police internet , we just make sure our goals are clearly set and not misunderstood.

Have a nice day and thanks for your contribution
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
gino_76ph

Postby gino_76ph » 26 Feb 2009, 10:11

just 1 little question: what does "Capture a picture at...sec"? what does it mean? and what shall i enter there?
gino_76ph

Postby gino_76ph » 26 Feb 2009, 11:07

and when i tried converting my (original and scratch-free) DVD using via your instructions the audio came in almost perfect but the video was choppy and with lots of pixels alomsot non-viewable. what seems to be wrong? any solution or sugestions please?
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 26 Feb 2009, 12:10

Hello ,

First question you asked :

Capture : if you place a number between 5 and 300 seconds , you will have a picture of your movie taken at the entered time . This is most useful when you have a website and you want to place a thumbnail of your video.

Second Question ; As we have many times told our users we just do not go into pure guessing ....we strongly urge them to read this before asking conversion questions.

We really need specific technical information on the converted files as well as the input file so that we can analyze the problem with the most information you may give us .

Also how did you play the file on your computer or on your telephone ?

If it is your telephone we need complete technical specifications such as video fps ( frames per sec) and bitrate also codec information on what it can read ( you told us already) supported by your device

Thank you for sending us all this information.

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
gino_76ph

Postby gino_76ph » 27 Feb 2009, 11:23

my Samsung P3 supports the main convesion formats that i want to convert to mainly H.264 and WAV. i am trying to transfer my DVD movie (on an .flv format) to my P3 which is a MP3/MP4/PMP player. my DVD is original and is scratch-free and have been working both on my PC and DVD player. i tried converting 1 section of the movie but the problem remains. any further advice please.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 27 Feb 2009, 13:56

Hello again,

Thank you for sending us the technical specifications on the file to be converted , Ie read thisto see how to do it plus include information about your pc configuration windows ? XP ViSta ?

Thank you for sticking strictly to the procedure we will all save a lot of time in order to help you.

Have a nice day.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Return to “Video Related”