VCD won't play on DVD player for TV

Bernie1944

VCD won't play on DVD player for TV

Postby Bernie1944 » 04 Feb 2009, 04:33

Evedrything seems to wok OK as far as the installation and apparent performance of the format conversion program. I made three VCD files (NTSC codec) from WMV files, and burned them to a CD. BTW: I double-checked that I used the NTSC codec. The files play OK from the disc on Windows Media Player. I just used a regular CD, not a music CD. I mention this because I've noticed some CD-players won't play music from a regular CD.

My Panasonic SA-HT95 DVD player (attached to my TV) owners manual says it will play DVDs, CDs. and VCDs (in NTSC, but not PAL). It plays DVDs and CDs fine, but won't play the above-described VCD files. I get an error message on the TV screen saying this is an invalid disc, please insert a valid disc.

Any ideas?
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: VCD won't play on DVD player for TV

Postby Team Cocoon » 04 Feb 2009, 05:21

Hello and welcome ,

Thank you for your post ,

Perhaps you could do the following to help us sort this one out :

1) Get the technical specifications of the file you converted by doing this procedure : video demo copy and paste here if you can .

2) Get a VCD that works on your dvd player and do the same , from all this information we might be able to find out the difference bettween the two files and correct if neccessary our application.

Hope that suits you ,

Thanking you in advance for your collaboration ,

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “Video Related”