Poor Conversion Quality

ctsif&w

Poor Conversion Quality

Postby ctsif&w » 18 Jun 2010, 16:34

Hi, I'm trying to convert a file that I think is in AVC to AVi. It converts, the problem is the video quality is really really poor, when I try and use expert mode to up the bitrate it says either, "Bitrate to low" or "incorrect value for 'r'" I just don't know what to do. I'm sorry if this has already been solved, I spent a good chunk of yesterday afternoon looking for the answer and didn't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. the info on it seems to be a bit lacking, I'm not very familiar with this stuff though so I could be wrong.

General
CompleteName : C:\Documents and Settings\stanv\Desktop\bandon footage\20100611093000_20100611100000_3.avc
FileSize/String : 196 MiB

XP Service Pack 2,Pro 32 bits Execution
C:\Program Files\QuickMediaConverter
C:\Program Files\QuickMediaConverter\QMC.exe
4.0.0.20 32 bits
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: Poor Conversion Quality

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 20 Jun 2010, 08:18

Hello,

with the actual version of ffmpeg in this version of QMC, you must input a rate with 6 "0" to obtain an good quality .

You can load a divx profile in the software and change the rate in 2000000 for example.

Also, don't forget to keep your computer updated : XP Service Pack 2,Pro 32 bits Execution

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: Poor Conversion Quality

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 15 Nov 2010, 21:01

Hello,

sorry for the delay.

You can play with the Bite Rate to increase the video quality.
Now, it is also possible to play with others parameters in expert mode but without a good knowledge it is not very easy.

You can use the help this forum and profiles included in the latest version to help you.
You can upload a profile and change every settings to increase your video quality.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon

Return to “Video Related”