flv conversion quality

flv conversion quality

Postby GFern1119 » 08 Apr 2010, 14:58

Hello. Before I begin, I want to say that I am new to video conversions and different formats. I am using the DownloadHelper application on firefox to download videos from youtube onto my hard drive as .flv files. I am trying to use Quick Media Converter to convert the .flv videos into videos I can play on my hard drive (not sure what format yet). Whenever I convert, the video loses A LOT of its quality/clarity. My output looks very "pixely" and blurry. I've tried converting to MP4, MOV, AVI, hd.MOV, divx AVI, and for some reason, the quality looks exactly the same. I've slready tried to google solutions to this problem. I've also tried looking up video tutorials on youtube for it. This discussion board was my last resort. I know I'm doing something wrong, because there isn't any difference between any of my converted videos. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
GFern1119

Re: flv conversion quality

Postby Team Cocoon » 08 Apr 2010, 18:54

Hello and welcome ,

It all depends on the quality the size and the bitrate of the downloaded video , are you also sure your downloader did not convert your video during the download ?

To increase quality if the size is sufficient you could do it in expert mode by increasing the bitrate slightly until you are satisfied with the result , make no mistake increasing the quality with bitrate will automatically result in a bigger (weight)output file .

You can also work on the size for instance choose 320x240 to have a cleaner picture but once you enlarge for a tv then you would get more pixellisation , it is all a matter of choice .

Use our profiles in expert mode to get started , you will find a video in the video tutorial section of our main website to explain how to use profiles .

Have a nice day,
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Return to Video Related