QMC - Codec Fixes, Conversion Fixes, and Some Bonus'

Adhocdegra

QMC - Codec Fixes, Conversion Fixes, and Some Bonus'

Postby Adhocdegra » 01 Oct 2008, 14:06

This post was a SPAM for Klite and therefore removed , you do not need Klite to use QMC even it is recommended to uninstall it as it is using windows dlls and may conflict with many other video conversion programs.You can simply replace it by free universal Video players ( view our posts)
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: QMC - Codec Fixes, Conversion Fixes, and Some Bonus'

Postby Team Cocoon » 02 Oct 2008, 02:11

Hello and welcome ,

Thank you for your participation ,

We are perplex with your post .

First we have a few hundred thousands installations without a complain about Klite whatsoever , somehow I have my doubts about your interesting solutions ...

FIrst of fffmpeg contains its own set of codecs true but it is only for its own conversion and does not replace nor uses nor affects any other sets of codecs already present on your computer. I will check this with Gilles to be a 100% sure (the developper) to verify that what I am writing here is correct.

It is not because you install QMC (FFmpeg ) that it will affect your whole computer's behaviour. In most cases it is likely problems might come from conflicts such as when you run windows media center , or have a tv card installed .

Errors messages are mostly due to people trying to convert proprietary codecs or non supported codecs such as QCELP KIDD or even the latest real codecs or even come directly from copyright issues .

No previous windows settings or codecs settings are changed during the installation of QMC . As said before ffmpeg does use its own set of codec library and even its own universal player so nothing from Klite nor any other codec packages is used .

The Best solution :is to totally remove Klite and perian codec packs :P and use QMC to convert to the format you need and if you wish to view all sorts of videos on another player, there are a bunch of very nice free players out there supporting most codecs including FLV. For instance I recommend SMPLAyer http://smplayer.berlios.de that will cover most formats .

So no need to go through all that complicate solution, that frankly speaking seems more like a lousy attempt to spam our support forum by spreading doubt on our application in order to distribute Klite and Perian as a matter of fact and for your information QMC is not for Mac and Not for Linux and all your explanations for the filters and all the blabla is irrelevant here .

Have a good day and thank you for your time
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: QMC - Codec Fixes, Conversion Fixes, and Some Bonus'

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 02 Oct 2008, 18:42

Hi,
we made a lot of test with ffdshow,k-lite and other codec packs without conflicts.
Tests are made on Win Xp and Vista pro and basic.(95 % of users platform)
All libraries are compiled in one exe and expand only in memory in a thread and not in windows directories.
The dll's of Qmc are expanded in its owner directory and not in system or system32 of windows directories. :wink:

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon

Return to “Unusual Problems and issues”