Re: Webcam Recording help!!!

littlesusie2006

Postby littlesusie2006 » 07 Aug 2008, 18:07

Hi guys i got a Uni project due and im doing the last bits of piece to camera i saw your software for recording straight from webcam to converted avi . Perfect. Thank you, but it doesnt seem to be working for me.

I film the piece to webcam press record and it saves but when i try to play the file ether in windows or quicktime i get an error or if i try to convert it in the quick media software i get ERROR everytime.

I read your thread and when i hit the blue information button nothing happens all i can get you is this..

General

CompleteName : C:\Users\Susie\Desktop\TEST2.avi

FileSize/String : 10.0 MiB

Bascially i just want to get what i filmed to the webcam as a file i can import into premiere pro for editing.

Im sorry i couldnt get the information i did press the i loads of times no info would come up.

Thank in advance for help :)
littlesusie2006

Postby littlesusie2006 » 07 Aug 2008, 18:17

Oh yer sorry i forgot

Im on a Dell xps 730 Intel dual core 2 extreme, 4gb ram, 2 x 1gb ati radeon crossfires on windows vista

(im not bumping sorr)
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 08 Aug 2008, 00:42

Hello and welcome to our forum,

We are going to try to help you step by step .

Step 1: Click on Webcam icon
Step 2 : Select the appropriate driver if not sure use microsoft wdm capture ( number 1 combo box on the interface)

step 3) Click on the green button on the left of webcam settings ( becomes red )
Step 4) Clcik again on it it becomes green and your video image appears in the player
Step 5) select output directory
Step 6) Start recording then stop a window opens type in the name of the file you want and save
Step 7) If you want to preview the file clcik on icon preview and select the file you just saved. Hit open

NOte if you do not see your webcam image it probably won't record anything. Make sure your webcam is not used by some other application such as msn messenger etc ..

Thank you for giving us feedback.

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “Unusual Problems and issues”