QVC runs slow then stops

Elmer Lilly

QVC runs slow then stops

Postby Elmer Lilly » 25 Jun 2008, 04:37

The subeject says it pretty well. It boots slow and then once I get it all ready and hit the start icon the program starts to run and then after about 15 seconds it seems to lock up. if I let it just sit there in about 20 minutes I'll get a message box asking if I want to report an error of "ffmpeg". If I try to run other programs while I wait the other programs run super, super slow.

I have a 3.1 ghz
Running Windows XP
512 mgb. of ram
I do not have or run windows media center
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: QVC runs slow then stops

Postby Team Cocoon » 25 Jun 2008, 11:52

Hello and welcome to our software,

As you talk about QVC and not QMC we would like to know what version are you using ? and also when did you install it please let us know the link ..

We are also interested to know if you have other conversion software installed, a TV card, or windows media center.

In advance thank you for your collaboration .

Have a good day .
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Elmer Lilly

Re: QMC (sorry) runs slow then stops

Postby Elmer Lilly » 25 Jun 2008, 15:57

Version 3.5.7
Downloaded it from cocoonsoftware.com
No media center
I'm running Any Video Converter and Convert MP4 to AMV.

If I try to preview a video, the program starts to play it and then gets stuck in an audio loop that takes a half hour to end after using ctrl/alt/del.

The video plays fine in Media Player.

Thanks for any help. It looks like an awesome program...if I can get it running.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 25 Jun 2008, 17:59

Hello again ,

Is any video converter running in the background when you convert with QMC ?

Is your software QMC an update or just installed on a clean basis ?

Is it version 3.5.7 you have ?

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
Elmer Lilly

Re: QMC runs slow then stops

Postby Elmer Lilly » 27 Jun 2008, 01:56

Hi good Cocoon people!

I uninstalled all other video converters running, even though none are running in the background when I try to convert with QMC ?

It is version 3.5.7...a fresh, clean copy from your site.

I can't seem to install any other version from your site...when I click on any other versions listed, I still end up with 3.5.7.

It takes about 30 seconds for QMC to http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm...
I have downloaded, uninstalled and installed several times now.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 27 Jun 2008, 03:40

Hello Lilly,
Welcome back and thanks for your feedback.

Yes we have stopped all previous version as they were in beta and not always stable.
So there is no other version than this one .

It is a bit technical , but the way this version was developped in needs a bit more time and 30 seconds seems long but it is somewhere between 15 to 25 here too we are aware of that from you and from our tests because we just didn't sit and wait :)
We take all reports very seriousely as we strive to make this application as good as can be.

We will probably solve this issue in the next few days and make a new patch available . You should be told by a message on your application when it will be available (soon ).

For the time being if your application converts correctly thats is no big fuzz only that Quick Media Converter for the time being is a bit slow on heating up :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
porfirio1830

Re: How to convert MP4 to AMV??????

Postby porfirio1830 » 22 Feb 2010, 03:36

Hello,

I would like to know how to convert from MP4 to AMV with QMC.

Thanks for your attention

Porfirio

b
Team Cocoon wrote:Hello Lilly,
Welcome back and thanks for your feedback.

Yes we have stopped all previous version as they were in beta and not always stable.
So there is no other version than this one .

It is a bit technical , but the way this version was developped in needs a bit more time and 30 seconds seems long but it is somewhere between 15 to 25 here too we are aware of that from you and from our tests because we just didn't sit and wait :)
We take all reports very seriousely as we strive to make this application as good as can be.

We will probably solve this issue in the next few days and make a new patch available . You should be told by a message on your application when it will be available (soon ).

For the time being if your application converts correctly thats is no big fuzz only that Quick Media Converter for the time being is a bit slow on heating up :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.

Return to “Unusual Problems and issues”