QMC - ZoneAlarm Firewall - Slow Startup

ruffin

QMC - ZoneAlarm Firewall - Slow Startup

Postby ruffin » 15 Feb 2010, 20:38

Great Application!
Developer may wish to re-consider necessity for automatic update on program startup.
If Zonealarm denies Internet access to QMC, program QMC is paralyzed for 2 minutes and
then suddenly opens on screen. This lengthy delay in startup can be overcome just by
instructing Zonealarm to permanently allow QMC internet access. This has caused me
undue grief and Im sure the same for others with Firewalls. The developer could have
update as a user option, rather than automatic. Other would be users may not have
recognized this problem and discarded a perfectly good program.

Thanks for a very nice, self contained application. I especially like the factory provided
profiles and the abillity to make and save my own profiles. I anxiously await the Portable
version of this application. Best Regards
Ruffin
USA
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: QMC - ZoneAlarm Firewall - Slow Startup

Postby Team Cocoon » 15 Feb 2010, 21:03

Hello and welcome to our forum Ruffin ,

Thanks for your comments, we will have a look into this issue I am sure it should not be to complicate to implement but then again I am not the developper :)

By the way we have issued a very stable beta version it is available on our main webpage have fun with it as a lot of little bugs from the previous version have been removed and also it has an improved time progression bar .

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “Unusual Problems and issues”