Webcam Shutdown-solved

stormadvisor

Webcam Shutdown-solved

Postby stormadvisor » 18 Mar 2008, 11:41

Hello all. I have JUST downloaded and installed v.3.4.8. I have an issue.

How can I turn OFF my webcam. I am using XP Home sp2 on a Dell Inspiron notebook with an integrated webcam. As soon as I open QMC The cam is active. I would like to not have it do this. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks all!

Stormadvisor
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 18 Mar 2008, 14:29

Hello welcome to our Forum

Normally to deactivate the webcam you must go to webcam icone and click on it to get the webcam page.

To deactivate the webcam just click on the green button by "Start
webcam flux on/off" on top of the Webcam viewer.

As i just checked it doesn't completely close the webcam as it should, but it just shuts down the preview flux . I will let Gilles our developper know about this and we will come up with a patch for correcting that bug. We will let you know as soon as corrected .

Obviousely in the mean time if you need to use you webcam you would have to close QMC then start the application you need for the webcam and then reopen QMC ..

I hope the answer helps you.

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
stormadvisor

Postby stormadvisor » 20 Mar 2008, 14:42

Thanks you very much for the reply. I am glad I was able to help make your software better by finding this issue.

As a side note. When I am using the preview screen for the camera, The picture is not centered. Sitting directly in front of the camera, the preview screen shows me off the screen to the right. Using other webcam software does show me centered properly. I'm not a big webcam guy but this is the 1st machine that I have had one attached permanently.

Again I am using a Dell Inspiron 1520 w/ XP Home sp2, 2gig of RAM and 120Gig HDD.

I am impressed with your program and have used it several times already! Thanks a lot.

Stormadvisor
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 20 Mar 2008, 16:36

Hello ,

We are glad we could help .

And yes there is a little issue with that webcam not centered on the preview , but it wouldn't affect any video you record because it is just a matter of resizing the preview window on which we are working as well:)

So many things to do :roll:
Have a nice day.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
melikbilge

Re: Webcam Shutdown-solved

Postby melikbilge » 01 Sep 2008, 02:05

So will this problem be solved soon? My webcam, when it's active, rather slows down the computer.

Any ways around it until then?
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: Webcam Shutdown-solved

Postby Team Cocoon » 01 Sep 2008, 03:35

Hello and welcome back,

Normally if you did what was explained in the previous posts for deactivating your webcam then your pc shouldn't slow down .

So the way around it is to deactivate your webcam in qmc as explained.

I you use your webcam and your pc slows down it is probably not QMC but the driver that slows your pc down.

If you record a flux it slows down even more because ffmpeg is using resources to converter the stream...

And yes we are working on it and we hope to come up with something within a few weeks ...

Have a good day.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Return to “Unusual Problems and issues”