Encountered a problem and needs to close error

corneroffice

Encountered a problem and needs to close error

Postby corneroffice » 15 Dec 2009, 04:45

I was running version 365 without errors but upon updating to 4.0.0.0 (uninstalling 365 first) I began to get error message window shortly after starting the program. I looked at the board and saw a discussion that seemed similar. You provided a test version 4.0.0.5 so I downloaded it to give it a try. I copied out the QMC error log prior to updating 4000 to 4005. The log is included with the uploaded attachments. I've also discovered that if I don't close the error message window, QMC continues to run and complete the file conversion successfully without any further errors. If I close the the error message window, QMC is killed cleanly. The error message doesn't seem to interfere with program execution yet so I don't know what is generating it in the first place. For now I just park it off to the side of the screen and run the file conversions. I've attached seven files of logs and screen shots to assist with the problem.

Thanks in advance and hope you can help me fix the issue.
Attachments
error signature contents_appcompat.txt
(42.68 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
error signature dialog.jpg
error signature dialog.jpg (33.58 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
qmc error message dialog.jpg
qmc error message dialog.jpg (41.56 KiB) Viewed 5970 times
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: Encountered a problem and needs to close error

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 15 Dec 2009, 19:55

Hello,

than for all's information.

your are a problem with a dll in your windows installation.

Follow this link to see an example : http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/windows-live-messenger-support/37239-msn-crashs-upon-log-please-help.html
If You start a search on google, you can find more informations on this error.

Thank your for supporting QMC.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
forbesie

Postby forbesie » 16 Dec 2009, 12:32

I have the exact same problem and there is nothing wrong with my .dlls. I have downloaded version 4 from your site 3 times and it will only run for a few seconds.
I'd download an earlier version but cannot find anywhere on your site. When I thought I had and downloaded it you sent me bloody 4 again - what a waste of time.
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 25 Dec 2009, 10:48

Hello and welcome ,

We are currently working on solving some security issues on Vista and we have made available a few modified beta versions to solve these issues , here is the link to the latest QMC (version 4.0.0.5) be carefyul as this is a limited time beta version only for testing valid only one month and should normally solve your problem.

Version 365 and 357 are discontinued regardless of above as it is too complicated for us to support multiple versions since the whole team is only two of us .

Please try above version 4.0.0.5 and let us know if it works, thus bringing your own brick to the building while participating to its improvement in the free software spirit .

Do not distribute this link as it is only temporary and as we will soon release final version as we are convinced it will solve most issues that unfortunately came with 4.0.0.0 and for which we apolagize .

Just for further information , there is a network version of 4.0.0.0 check out on our mainpage left ( the one with msi) there will also be a portable version very soon .

Have a great day
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 22 Jan 2011, 12:04

Hello,
welcome on the forum, check "date and time" and also make an search on forum with the word key msvcrt.dll.
I'm sure you can find your answer and solved your probblem.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
Team Cocoon

Return to “Unusual Problems and issues”