MPG4 into DV Video format

olipool

MPG4 into DV Video format

Postby olipool » 02 Feb 2011, 11:18

Hi guys. Awesome service, v impressed.

I've had a good search of the forums for this question, I feel it must have been answered somehere else, but either I can't find it or I'm too stupid to understand what everyone else is talking about...

I am using adobe Premiere elements 9 on Windows 7, and the guys on the Adobe Support Forums say i need to convert my MPG4 video clips (1920 x 1080 resolution) into DV-AVI. I tried using your Converter to convert them to DivX avi files but they still had some MPG4 codecs in them.

I know your website says that the Coverter will decode and encode into "dv DV video format" but I really can't figure out which option I need to use to to do that. Presumably I need to use one of the AVI options, but the Adobe guys say that both the DivX and the XviD options are wrong. Can you give me any pointers?

Very grateful for any help, and again, big apologise if someone has already asked you this before.

Oli
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: MPG4 into DV Video format

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 03 Feb 2011, 06:58

Hello,

welcome on the forum.

Click on the button "HD mode" in the main menu and select the button DV cam in our case.

Have a nice.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
olipool

Postby olipool » 03 Feb 2011, 22:56

Hi. Thank you for the response - doing that just produced an error message in the status bar: Error[ or set a framerate with "-r xxx".]

I tried all 3 options - DVCAM, DVCPRO25 and DVCPRO50 but it came out with the same error message each time.

In case it helps, the files I am editing are MPG4 video files. Here's some of the info that GSpot tells me about the files:

Container:
mp42: MP4 v 2 [ISO 14496-14].
-avc1: MP4 Base w/ AVC [ISO 14496-12:200]
Recommended Display size 1920 x 1080
Video:
Codec: avc1
Name: H.264/MPEG4-AVC
Staus: Codec status Undetermined

Is there any way of changing these to AVIs which can be edited on Adobe Premiere Elements?

Merci bien!

Oliver
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 04 Feb 2011, 07:22

Hello,
Error[ or set a framerate with "-r xxx".]
Staus: Codec status Undetermined

In the present case the framerate is http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm, no lucky.
I have not knowlegde in Premiere Elements but i think you can change the framerate and the standart: 25fps Pal or 29.97 Ntsc.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
olipool

Postby olipool » 05 Feb 2011, 00:39

Cool, thank you.

Um, how would I go about doing that? Is that option in Expert Mode somewhere?

Will changing the framerate solve the problem? Or are you saying that there's no way of solving it with this software?

Thank you very mch again

Oli

Return to “Questions and Answers about conversions”