qmc stable release

Anything that is related to questions and answers about the registration of Quick Media Converter
scotch355

qmc stable release

Postby scotch355 » 06 Jul 2008, 17:08

I downloaded the qmc stable release 3.5.7 and installed it on my lab. everything ran smooth until the program automatically launches after the install. it says there is a new version and that this version will not run unless i update. i tried clicking on the link for the new version but i get an error in french. i close the box and the program opens up but it will not let me convert any files. what do i do?
RobAllen

Re: qmc stable release

Postby RobAllen » 06 Jul 2008, 17:59

I also have started to experience this problem today. It was working fine yesterday and for the last few weeks. Eventually when it did start working again the window is now very large and cannot be resized. Also it now takes a very long time to start up. And I can no longer get to the bottom of the window to change some of the options there.
RobAllen

Postby RobAllen » 06 Jul 2008, 18:11

So far v3.5.7 is not very good. The previous version was much better.
scotch355

Postby scotch355 » 06 Jul 2008, 19:31

damn! it's crazy cause now it's takin a long time to start up for me now. do u know where i can get the previous version?
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 06 Jul 2008, 23:06

Hello and welcome ,

First calm down a bit please and accept our apolagies for the inconvenience it may cause you .

Yes we do have a little worry on startup and some updates do not work well, so it is always possible to download and install directly from our website.

It does indeed take a longer time than before, but the application once launched runs just fine and as fast as before and is also much more reliable . We are currently working on a patch to solve this long start issue. You should be notified by your application when available.

As for the blocked minimum window of the application, we have decided to do so for the time being to improve the overall aspect and nobody up to now has complained, so it doesn't seem to be a major issue and will stay like this as we have other priorities for now.

Also 3.48 was a beta version with still few bugs here and there, we corrected them and added some new features such as resizing in easy mode and a few more.

par RobAllen le Dim Juil 06, 2008 6:11 pm

So far v3.5.7 is not very good. The previous version was much better.

??
You should be able to resize your window, too but it is limited to a minimum size. and is optimized for 1024x768 and does fit the whole screen in 800x600 yes.

In this case, all you need to do is change your screen resolution 1080 768 . Most computers nowadays use that type of resolution.

Just for your information recently Quick Media Converter 3.5.7 was tested by highly qualified and dedicated professionals on tucows.com and got the maximum rating (5). (This is very unusual for a freeware), it is also receiving outstanding comments from many other download sites around the world, such as snapfiles.com Softonic.com as well as press releases etc... I am confident our users will know better and can judge for themselves.

For technical and practical reasons, all previous versions to 3.5.7 are cancelled and not supported anymore. The only way around is to install the newQMC 3.5.7

We hope we answered your questions properly,
Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
RobAllen

Postby RobAllen » 07 Jul 2008, 13:34

You should be able to resize your window, too but it is limited to a minimum size. and is optimized for 1024x768 and does fit the whole screen in 800x600 yes.

In this case, all you need to do is change your screen resolution 1080 768 . Most computers nowadays use that type of resolution.

I always use screen resolution 1440x900 as that suits my monitor best. The problem was that the window was still too big to display on the screen. However that problem seems to have gone away now, so I presume that it was some sort of glitch with the installation.

It does indeed take a longer time than before, but the application once launched runs just fine and as fast as before and is also much more reliable . We are currently working on a patch to solve this long start issue. You should be notified by your application when available.

I can confirm that once the program starts up it works just as fast as ever. Normally the program takes up to 10 seconds to start up. To me this is acceptable as the overall quality of the program is very high. However yesterday the program was consistantly taking 3 - 5 minutes to start up. This was unusual and seemed to be related to the new version. However, today the program seems to be starting up normally again. Very strange.

Please do not take this negatively as I think QMC is an excellent program and you are to be congratulated on your efforts with it.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 07 Jul 2008, 19:30

Hello ,

Starting slow is partly solved it seems , as last night we migrated our main server to a new faster one, to better serve you all.

The reason for the delay is simply that your application is connecting to our db to check for updates, and as we got more and more users on top of those updating ( more than a half million ) at some times the server was having more of a hard time ... We will still look in that issue further to improve our overall service. So now we are load balancing on a couple of servers to avoid problems of that kind as last week the server collapsed more than three times giving us some sort of headache as you can imagine.

We are glad to see that all other issues about size of the window are solved, it still would be interesting for us to know if it happened after updating , or after downloading and installing qmc for the first time with our latest version 3.5.7.

Thank you too for your positive comments they indeed help :)

Have a nice day and we hope the explanation was satisfying .
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “Registration and Installation Issues”