PC reboots everytime i start QMC- solved

Anything that is related to questions and answers about the registration of Quick Media Converter
satheb

PC reboots everytime i start QMC- solved

Postby satheb » 03 Apr 2008, 08:57

I have a very peculiar problem. But firstly I would like to thank the developers of QMC for their generosity in sharing this wonderful program. And now, getting back to my problem :-

I downloaded the software using my office PC - the OS being windows 2000. The program worked beautifully. I was very excited and took the install.zip file using pen drive to install in my home PC which runs on Windows XP Service Pack 2. When i first completed the installation, I was asked the frequency of updating and i ticked "everytime program is started" or some such thing. After completing the installation when the program automatically started my PC went into reboot. This was the beginning of the problem.

Assuming that the file which i carried on my pen drive was faulty, I downloaded the file again in my home PC. After uninstalling the previously installed QMC, i reinstalled using the newly downloaded file. This time I was not asked the frequency of updates. And when the program ran automatically, it went into reboot again.

Can any of your experts help? I am a layman as far as software / programming is concerned and am unable to figure out why this is happening.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: PC reboots everytime i start QMC

Postby Team Cocoon » 03 Apr 2008, 13:09

Hello and welcome to our forum ,

Thank you for your comments and also for using our application :)

As for your problem it is a first of its kind reported to us ....

The updating frequency probably does not have anything to do with the problem as our application never needs nor reboots the pc to complete its installation. It therefore looks more to us, like a conflict of some sort...

We would need to know a little bit more about it :

Do you have any other converting software installed on your home pc ?
WIndows XP SP 2 home edition ?
Do you have administration rights when you install .
Do you have any codec packs installed Klite or Divx?
Do you have windows live photo gallery installed ?
Do you have a tv card installed ?

All above could help us narrow down on the problem for the beginning . We will do our best to help you finding a solution to your problem .

Looking forward to your news.
Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
satheb

Postby satheb » 03 Apr 2008, 16:07

Thanks for such a prompt reply and yes to most of your queries.
The OS is Xp professional.
Yes I do have convertXto dvd software installed.
Yes I do have the admin rights.
Yes there are other codecs installed including div X (but Div X is installed in my office PC where OS is windows 2000 and where QMC works perfectly).
No, there is no windows photo gallery installed to the best of my knowledge.
And finally, yes, I do have an external TV tuner installed.

Whew! It is amazing how you guys are able to get to the crux of the situation.

Do you think there is still a possibility of making it work without uninstalling any of the softwares mentioned?

Thanx again!
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 03 Apr 2008, 18:06

Select "manage" with a rigth click mouse on your "my computer" icon and then see for your event viewer to analyze the faults in application events...
Please report faults with a new post so i can analyze your problem.
thank...
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 04 Apr 2008, 02:15

Hello again :)

As I see it Gilles (Developper) has dropped by, he will probably analyse whatever you send him too..

As for your settings :

TV Card check this post if you have the same card the problem could come from it
http://www.cocoonvideos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=148

If it is maybe just deactivate the card while using QMC and see what happens. Thank you for letting us know .

Another possibility is to try to run windows in safe mode and see when you launch QMC from there if it works.

Thank you for leeting us know .

Have a good evening.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
satheb

Postby satheb » 05 Apr 2008, 03:06

Cocoon-Dev wrote:Select "manage" with a rigth click mouse on your "my computer" icon and then see for your event viewer to analyze the faults in application events...
Please report faults with a new post so i can analyze your problem.
thank...

As http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm by you I checked the event viewer and the error details are attached herewith. I have also attached in the same picture the error message of windows after the reboot.

Thanks
Attachments
error details.JPG
error details.JPG (135.18 KiB) Viewed 9494 times
satheb

Postby satheb » 05 Apr 2008, 03:21

Team Cocoon wrote:Hello again :)

As I see it Gilles (Developper) has dropped by, he will probably analyse whatever you send him too..

As for your settings :

TV Card check this post if you have the same card the problem could come from it
http://www.cocoonvideos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=148

If it is maybe just deactivate the card while using QMC and see what happens. Thank you for letting us know .

Another possibility is to try to run windows in safe mode and see when you launch QMC from there if it works.

Thank you for leeting us know .

Have a good evening.

I have an external TV tuner connected through USB port. How do I disable it? Do I use "safely remove hardware" to disable it?

Secondly, I did run QMC in the safe mode and it opened without system going into reboot.

Thanx.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 05 Apr 2008, 11:18

Hello ,

Glad to hear it works in safe mode that means the soft is ok and we are dealing with a conflict of some sort,

To stop the card just remove the usb that should do the trick.

If our application still doesn't run then it is something else you have .. But I think very likely it would be the TV card
Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
satheb

Re: PC reboots everytime i start QMC -solved

Postby satheb » 05 Apr 2008, 18:18

Team Cocoon wrote:Hello ,

Glad to hear it works in safe mode that means the soft is ok and we are dealing with a conflict of some sort,

To stop the card just remove the usb that should do the trick.

If our application still doesn't run then it is something else you have .. But I think very likely it would be the TV card
Have a nice day

Thank you very much. It was indeed the TV tuner. Once I disabled the USB, QMC started working beautifully.
Thanks again and God Bless you for making this software available to everyone for free.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: PC reboots everytime i start QMC- solved

Postby Team Cocoon » 25 Apr 2008, 12:21

Thank you very much for your last comments , it is always encouraging to receive them and reinforces us in our opinion that in the end it is all worth it :)

We are glad to see that your problem has been solved and we remain at your disposal for any further help you might need :)

In the next few days we will make the latest version (3.5 or 3.6 Final) available on our website , it will include PS3 Wii and XBox conversions and many new improvements and more settings regarding output formats and sizes in standard mode .

Have a nice day,
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Return to “Registration and Installation Issues”