WLanguage Security Mechanism- Solved

Anything that is related to questions and answers about the registration of Quick Media Converter
karnos1000

WLanguage Security Mechanism- Solved

Postby karnos1000 » 20 Jan 2010, 07:54

Hello, this program was working great for me until I uninstalled some other programs. I reinstalled the programs I uninstalled, and uninstalled QMC and reinstalled it, and I tried manually deleting the folder, but this is the error message I am getting after launching the program:

Erreur à la ligne 10 du traitement Procédure globale Creation_Fic.
Vous avez appelé la fonction HOuvre.
Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier <C:\Documents and Settings\Office\Application Data\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>.
Le fichier n'a été trouvé ni sur disque, ni dans les bibliothèques (.WDL) ou les composants (.WDK) chargés.

Détail de l'erreur système :

The system cannot find the file specified.
(2)

Informations techniques

Projet : Converter

Dump de l'erreur du module <WD140HF.DLL> <14.00Icb>.

- Appel WL :
Traitement de <pConverter.Creation_Fic>, ligne <10>, thread <0>
Fonction <HOuvre>, n° de syntaxe <3>

- Niveau : erreur fatale (EL_FATAL)

- Code erreur : 70302

- Code erreur WD55 : 302

- Code d'erreur système : 2

- Message d'erreur système :
The system cannot find the file specified.

- Que s'est-il passé ?
Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier <C:\Documents and Settings\Office\Application Data\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>.
Le fichier n'a été trouvé ni sur disque, ni dans les bibliothèques (.WDL) ou les composants (.WDK) chargés.

- Infos de debug :
##(IXStream)-Handle=<FFFFFFFF>##
Fonction (7,17)

- Infos attachées :
EIT_SRCFILE : <C:\Documents and Settings\Office\Application Data\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>
EIT_LOGICALTABLENAME : <FORMAT>
EIT_PILEWL :
Procédure globale Creation_Fic (pConverter.Creation_Fic), ligne 10
Initialisation de Converter (), ligne 187
EIT_COMPOSANT :

EIT_DATEHEURE : 19/01/2010 22:51:42

- Pas d'identifiant dans le .err

Assistance

I am running WinXP Pro, SP3. Thanks for the help.
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: WLanguage Security Mechanism

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 21 Jan 2010, 00:11

Hello karnos1000,
welcome on the forum.
Thank you to use QuickMediaConverter.

In your case, i think it is only a problem with the rights acces users (user : office) on the folder Application Data.
Look in the properties of the security folder.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
karnos1000

Postby karnos1000 » 21 Jan 2010, 00:46

Cocoon-Dev wrote:Hello karnos1000,
In your case, i think it is only a problem with the rights acces users (user : office) on the folder Application Data.

Have a nice day.

I followed the path above to the Application Data folder, and there is no "application Data" folder down the path of User:Office, or (All User). Is it not installing right?
karnos1000

Postby karnos1000 » 21 Jan 2010, 00:55

Cocoon-Dev wrote:Hello karnos1000,

I followed the path to the "Application Data" folder from above. There is no Application Data folder. I changed the permissions of the "Office" folder -- read only was a box. Then I reinstalled. Still no Application Data.
Madmax

Postby Madmax » 21 Jan 2010, 13:05

Hi Karnos1000,
I've got exactly the same problem & error message coming up word for word using my OS XP Pro sp2.
I've also followed the path you were given (different user name though) & the 'all users' route but again like you there's no 'Application Data' Folder etc. in the 4.0.0.8 version that I downloaded from the cocoonsoftware.com site. So just to let you know you're not alone & I'm following your posts & replies with great interest.
Regards
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 22 Jan 2010, 07:45

Hello,
thank you for supporting QMC.

After a search, we can explaned this problem.

The code error in the message 70302 : The system cannot find the file specified.

The software can't find the index file for the application in your home user directory.
Make a search with this wildcard *.ndx or on this file : FORMAT.ndx.
And also search if the directories exist : "Application Data\CocoonSoftware\QMC"
If the search don't find the files or any directory , you have two possibilities and :
the application can't create the *.ndx file or the directory don't exist.
If the application can't create the data file perhaps your anti-virus software is blocking the creation and thus disable temporarely your antivirus software and try again the installation.
You can also unpack the qmc file attached in this post and paste in the following directory:
-For Xp : c:\Documents and settings\"your user name"\Application Data\CocoonSoftware\QMC
-For Vista : C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\
- Or Instllation folder of QMC( example: c:\Program files\QMC\)

Have a nice day.
Attachments
QMC.rar
data files
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
karnos1000

Postby karnos1000 » 22 Jan 2010, 08:30

Cocoon-Dev,
Thanks for all of the help. The problem is resolved. Let me walk you through what the solution was:

I searched for the files and directory you http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm. Nothing was found for any of them.

So, I downloaded the .rar that you included in the previous post. When I tried to create the directory to extract it to, Windows said the directory already existed. Which made sense to me because I didn't ave any Application Folder, but I knew just about every program put their resources in it.

So, in the folder window I went to the Tools menu>Folder Options...>View and clicked the "Show hidden files and folders" box. Then, several folders in the "User Name" folder appeared including "Application Data." I went into properties and Unclicked the Hidden box and copied that setting to all of the subfolders and files. I was then able to extract the .rar from above and the program works again.

I have absolutely no idea why those folders were hidden. I am thinking it may be part of my anti-virus. I use Avast. Madmax, let me know if this works for you too, and if it does if you use Avast? Please.

Thanks!
Madmax

Re: WLanguage Security Mechanism- Solved

Postby Madmax » 24 Jan 2010, 06:59

Hi Karnos1000 & everyone else,
Yep - that worked for me, QMC is back & working on my machine, many thanks to both you and Cocoon-Dev for the clear easy to follow steps. Like you I don't know why the Application Data folder was hidden as I like to see what's on the machine & have never hidden anything myself on purpose. I've now selected the show-all option across the board & I use the AVG anti-virus by the way. I noticed it wasn't just us either, the QMC.rar file has been downloaded by more than just the two of us.
Anyway - Problem Solved, thanks again.

Regards
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: WLanguage Security Mechanism- Solved

Postby Team Cocoon » 03 Feb 2010, 12:52

Thank you both for your feed back it will probably help many users ... :-)

We are currently working very hard on the next version and are validating Win 7 32 Bits
Have a great day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Return to “Registration and Installation Issues”