Latest Installer Not Working

Anything that is related to questions and answers about the registration of Quick Media Converter
rwmol2

Re: Latest Installer Not Working

Postby rwmol2 » 10 Jul 2008, 15:30

Thanks for the video.

The following may be of help:

You double clicked on the Install.exe on your desktop. That opened the Directory containing the Install.exe. You double clicked on the Install.exe which started the installation. The Extrator was the first image to appear. After the Extractor there was a Progress Bar titled "_WDINST". I believe this is where the problem exists.

When I double click on the Install.exe in the Directory, the extractor never appears. The first thing I see is the _WDINST Progress Bar and it only appears for a second or two.

There is something in your code or on my machine (and others) that won't let the extractor start.

Hopefully this helps.

Randy
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 10 Jul 2008, 15:39

Hello ,

Thank you for this report , I have a meeting with gilles in a couple of hours and we will discuss your problem as well .

That was the reason why I placed this video so you could tell us where you had the problem we will certainly gain time .

Have a good day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 10 Jul 2008, 20:15

Hello again ,

As I told you Gilles and myself are currently discussing this problem .

At first sight what you describe seems to be that the installer cannot access the file from the temp folder thats why a message clean could appear .

Possible reasons :

Your temp folder is protected .

To verify you can empty your temp folder and then install QMC and verify if the install files appear in the temp folder .

c:/windows/temp
or
C:\Documents and Settings\users\temp

or in application data/temp of your profile.

If the extracted file cannot epand into one of the above folders then of course it will not be able to complete its install .

Can you please check for this and let us know so either it solves the problem or we can keep on investigating with you.

2) Also make sure that the system user has all rights to write in the registry to allow QMC for uninstall in the future.

If no solution is found Gilles will prepare a special manual install version for people in your case.

We definetely won't let you down.
Have a nice evening and we are looking for your news.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
rwmol2

Postby rwmol2 » 10 Jul 2008, 22:42

I emptied both Temp files and tried the installer. Still no installation.

I am listed as the administrator on this machine so I would guess I have all rights. There are no other Users. Also, of the many programs I've installed, yours is the only one I've had problems with.

Just my luck.

Randy
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 11 Jul 2008, 03:47

Yep not much luck on your side :(

We will keep on trying tomorrow..

Or we will prepare you a manual install ....

Have a good evening
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
rwmol2

Postby rwmol2 » 11 Jul 2008, 20:07

Well, OK Cacoon Team. I finally got your software to install

This is a little drawn out so, please be patient and read the entire post.

the first thing I did was to go to Control Panel>System>Advanced Tab>Performance>Settings>Data Execution Prevention and "turned on DEP for all programs and services except those I select." Rebooted.

I then went to the directory containing the unzipped Install.exe and double clicked on the file. I got the following error messages:

I then went to the Temp file mentioned in the last image. There I found a lomg list of WD_xx files from all the attempts to load the software. I opened one of thes files and found five files: _WDINST.zip, INSTALL.EXE, INSTALL.ZIP, WDCLEAN.EXE and WDCLEAN.INI.

I extracted the _WDINST.ZIP to my Windows temp file, opened the Mes Projets>QMC>EXE and double clicked on QMC.exe and finally success.

If there is any furthur information from the error message files you would like, let me know and I will send you screen shots.

Thanks
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 11 Jul 2008, 20:39

It's well known problem with your xp configuration, you do not needed to turn data prevention for all programs.
it's used only for databases and others programms runnings in nt services.
Let data preventon on nt services only and then look if the temp directory is not protected with a lot of specifics rights acces. :roll:
Qmc is not installed with any databases or others nt services.
More excesifs security is not always the best way to maintain a clean xp install.
no adware or spy in Qmc.
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
rwmol2

Postby rwmol2 » 11 Jul 2008, 20:51

Update on my last post.

All I did was install a shell. The splash screen appears and then disappears. I also found out that the program is trying to install in DOS Mode. I don't believe it's suppose to. Is it?

Randy
rwmol2

Postby rwmol2 » 11 Jul 2008, 22:45

I don't know why I didn't think of this a long time ago. Install QMC in Safe Mode. Installer worked perfectly. Only issue is still the splash screen appears and then disappears.

This obviously isn't your problem. Must be in the way I have Windows configured or there is another software program causing a conflict.

Do you have any ideas? Or, do I need to uninstall programs until it works?

Randy
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 14 Jul 2008, 13:37

You answered yourself your problem because you have no problem to install QMC in safe mode.
You are over protecting or misfed your configuration.
have a nice day.
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
beejack

Postby beejack » 10 Feb 2009, 14:28

I'm having a similar problem with the installer the WDCsetup.exe appears in the task manager and stays at 50% cpu usage. The installation window opens up and aks for the language to be selcted but the egg timer is in place of the cursor and the installer stops responding.

If I start in safe mode I can install the program without problem and run it. when i reboot I have the same problem again, except this time the program starts but immediately stops responding and the task manager says it is using 50% of the cpu power!

I am using windows XP home with sp3. My firewall has found the program and allowed it to run.

software version is 3.6.5

I am only using one account and this is as administrator.

beejack
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 10 Feb 2009, 14:48

Hello and welcome,

Could you let us know what anti virus you are using ? this might be the cause of the problem ...

Mc Affee could be the issue. I use Avast AV without a problem and it is free ...

Have a nice day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
beejack

Postby beejack » 12 Feb 2009, 18:33

I am using Virgin broadband PCguard
but have tried with this disabled and still have same problem.

beejack
beejack

Postby beejack » 12 Feb 2009, 19:42

hello

I thought I would update as I have been trying various things.

Made no difference disabling the anit-virus/firewall, program still would not run.

uninstalled anti virus/firewall no difference.

uninstalled program and rebooted. Program will not install still locks up at language selction screen.

right clicked on install.exe and selected properties. In general tab there was a notice saying this program has come from a different computer and may have been blocked. Click on the unblock button and clicked on apply. Again tried to install still same issues. run out of ideas and need protection so trying new anti-virus from bitdefender.

beejack
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 18 Feb 2009, 01:48

OUps sorry forgot this post and just got back to it ...

Hello .

DO you by any chance use Windows media center ? or a tv card ?

Thank you and sorry again for the delay ;

Have a good day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating

Return to “Registration and Installation Issues”