Installing QMC

Anything that is related to questions and answers about the registration of Quick Media Converter
JosephDamien

Installing QMC

Postby JosephDamien » 01 Mar 2008, 20:56

My wife downloaded QMC and I attempted to install the program. The downloaded file is Install.zip. When I clicked on this to unzip, instead it went to install.exe. Then clicking on this produced nothing but a message at the bottom of my screen that said: "Item Launched in the Background." Can anyone help me to get this program installed? I am running XP home and I'm not sure of the version of QMC, but it was just downloaded 2-29-08. Thanks in advance. JD
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 02 Mar 2008, 00:08

Hello ,

Thank you for your interest in our software.

Lets begin by checking in order :

1) If you install quick media converter with multi users sessions on your computer , you must first make sure that your session is with admin rights in order to install ..

Unless you have these rights, you will not be able to install Quick Media Converter on your computer since it needs writing authorization not only read .

2) If you still cannot install it make sure that the install file you downloaded is from our website, that way you should always get the latest ... Some websites still have not yet updated their versions wich are now useledd , ie : download.com, who host a previous version (2.9 that is no longer valid).

The latest version is 3.4(5)
Lates Version Info since 27-feb -2008
Info Ver QMC 3.45

and you can donwload QMC 3.45 it here

3) In the event it still doesn t work after all above please let us know and we will try to help you .
We hope this answers your question for now

Have a good day,
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
JosephDamien

Installing QMC

Postby JosephDamien » 03 Mar 2008, 00:59

Thanks for your prompt response to my question. I was using Admin and the download was from the official site. However, my wife downloaded it from her office and brought it home on a thumb drive. I moved it to my hard drive and then tried to install with no success as I mentioned in my first post. So, I decided to download it again but when I tried, it finished almost instantly, but of course it was not a complete download to say the least. Maybe 46K. (I'm on dial-up and this is why I got my wife to download at her work as they have DSL). In any case, I switched users to my wife's log in (also an Admin) and tried there and the download did begin. Much, much later (remember dial-up) it finished and upon clicking on it this time it did follow the proper path, and I unzipped it and then was able to install the program. Whew! Thanks for your help. I tried it out and converted one flv file and it worked great! However, I see that it actually converts the file from the flv to in my case a wav file. Is there a way to convert the file but leave a copy of the flv file in place? Just wondered. This is not necessary but I wondered if this could be done with the program. Again, thanks for your help and thanks for a wonderful program. JD
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 03 Mar 2008, 02:20

Hello again,

Glad to hear you finally got it to work :)

Concerning your last question. I am not too sure about what you really ask

You want to convert the flv but keep the original on your computer ?
is that correct ? or did you mean on the web ?

the answer is yes for the computer
no for the web you neeed to have the file on your pc.

Once a file is converted with QMC it is automatically renamed file :*_converted.*

QMC does not overwrite originals and offers you to rename the converted file in the event it is already present and also if you want to make a similar one with different settings ie 4/3 or 16/9 .flv it gives you a few seconds to decide for the name change,
if you do not do anything it will cancel the conversion by default.

You can select the output directory directly from the blue folder on the on the right off "3. output directory "
it will remember the selected directory for future uses but you will still be able change it for folders too .

I also suppose you meant WMV file.

Did we answer correctly ?
Have fun with the new toy :)
Have a good day ,
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
JosephDamien

Installing QMC

Postby JosephDamien » 04 Mar 2008, 01:58

Again my thanks for your response. Yes, you did answer my question. I had downloaded a number of Flv files to my hard drive and basically wanted to know that once I converted them with QMC was my original Flv file still on the hard drive. And as you indicated, yes it's still there and I did find the original Flv file. I just had so many files in that folder that it got lost in the mix, but I did find it ok and now have both my converted file and the original Flv file. The program works great and I'm very happy to have it. Thanks so much for your generosity in providing such a useful program. JD
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 04 Mar 2008, 02:18

You are welcome ;)

We are glad your problem is solved

Have fun converting

Good evening
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
jemborg

Re: Installing QMC

Postby jemborg » 02 Feb 2009, 06:38

Hey there... fantastic program.

Just a simple question, and I could not find the answer anywhere, did a search, but could not get any results even under "installing"...

Q: When I install a new version of QMC do I have to manually uninstall the previous version first?
jemborg

Postby jemborg » 02 Feb 2009, 06:47

Hey there... fantastic program.

Just a simple question, and I could not find the answer anywhere, did a search, but could not get any results even under "installing"...

Q: When I install a new version of QMC do I have to manually uninstall the previous version first?

(Sorry to redo no edit and I wanted to set "Notify" I'll send a donation as soon as I'm cashed up. Cheers.)
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 02 Feb 2009, 15:20

Hello and welcome,

Thank you first for your comments ,

As a general rule it is always preferable to uninstall first the oldest versions as in QMC 365 we have reviewed some technical aspects such as profiles and initial default settings which you can change in the upper windows menu of your application. Usually we do it too ourselves to make sure nothing from the previous version interferes with the latest one . And start with a clean one .

We hope this answers your question ,

Have fun using our application.

A good day
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
jemborg

Postby jemborg » 02 Feb 2009, 22:07

Thank you for your very prompt reply. It's one thing to create a great program that just seems to go from strength to strength and another to provide great service too... Cheers! :)

I suspected as much. As I would tend to err on the side of caution with no clear instructions. I would be nice to include this information on the download page, many sites do. eg "If you have a previous version of QMC installed, please uninstall it first manually via the uninstaller included." Also, something in the update imformer in the program too. (If these instructions were there then they are indistinct- I did look hard for them). I only say this because QMC deserves important success, and you don't want something like a potential donator posting somewhere "This new version sucks..." only because they have overlooked this one little thing.

Expect a glowing review in the excellent AfterDawn.com site in a couple of weeks as soon I have put it through it's paces. AfterDawn is a site devoted to all things Digital Media orientated- and has for one part sections obsessed with conversion. Though I have mentioned it before, I will write something more formal.

Regards,
Jem.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 02 Feb 2009, 22:31

Hello again and thanks for all these nice comments ,

It is nice to see that people like yourself realize how hard it may be for a small team like us to be responding on all fronts .. :)

We also look forward to see your website talk about us and thank you for your offer .

We have as you requested posted on the main page in fact right on the download link we have added uninstall older version first .

Normally the install procedure allows you to back up older version settings , but we may try to make things a bit clearer for the users in our future version and consider your good comments.

Also just a few minutes ago we changed the install.zip file to a newer one , same version but some bugs that passed through quality control lol we removed such as location of output folder and default folders settings .

here is the link to the post about this subject in case it does interest you .
Output selection
in this case you do not have to uninstall , just install over your version .

Have a nice day and enjoy
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
jemborg

Postby jemborg » 03 Feb 2009, 00:59

Merci, tres bon :D

Or "no worries" as we say in Australia. :)

Done and done. You might want to inform Softpedia of the changes now you have revamped: http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/window ... 2279.shtml

Also, I tend to download from MajorGeeks.com thru the local Aussie internode mirror as it saves on my external download total. Oh yeah, btw I use XP sp3. I'll probably drop in a question or two if I can't find the answer in the forums before I post the review. How do you want me to inform you of it- a pm?

I don't mind telling you I have looked long and hard for an application like this. It's a tricky thing getting the noobtastic and comprehensive together- after all we shouldn't all have to be programmers irl LOL, that's the point hey! I really respect your business model too.

Cheers,
Jem
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 04 Feb 2009, 02:20

Hello and thanks 8)

I have send an email after the padfile to softpedia and also contacted Majorgeeks that is not yet up to date as they still offer 3.6.0 now just have to wait for their replies :)

Have a nice day and enjoy.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
jemborg

Postby jemborg » 21 Feb 2009, 21:27

Team Cocoon wrote:We have as you requested posted on the main page in fact right on the download link we have added uninstall older version first .

Hi guys, I haven't quite had time to do the AfterDawn.com review just yet, sorry. I noticed that the above had changed back... does this mean it is safe to not have to uninstall the older version first anymore? I only ask because I was going to mention it in the review.

Jeremy.
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Postby Team Cocoon » 22 Feb 2009, 01:13

Hello and welcome back,

Yes the latest QMC 365 is up for download and has been for two days .

It includes as you will notice a slight review of the default folders, we have in effect decided to avoid our users confusion by simply removing in the" my settings" section, the easy and expert mode output folders.
Now only the icons ( Blue and green ) will be used as before to select and open these ouptut folders.

You will probably also notice that the application loads much faster than before with this latest release .

Regarding the installation process , as a precaution we recommend to start on a clean install and that only because t it is always a good way to avoid problems . It may still work simply by installing over it but it is more reliable to uninstall and reinstall .

In the event you reinstall and If you have saved profiles, your should make a back up of them before uninstalling.
Also regarding Camstudio remember that you will also loose your settings upon reinstall and maybe the lossless camstudio codec if you installed it .

The latest version also includes a small bug repair in the expert mode , some users did notice that the thumbnail time selection was http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm but we have corrected that now .

I hope this clears things up a bit for you :)
We are also looking forward to see what you have to say about QMC in your review on afterdawn.com :shock:

Have a good week end
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
nid_xperts

Re:Error massage

Postby nid_xperts » 24 Mar 2009, 06:16

Team Cocoon wrote:Hello ,

Thnk you for your interest in our software.

Lets begin by checking in order :

1) If you install quick media converter with multi users sessions on your computer , you must first make sure that your session is with admin rights in order to install ..

Unless you have these rights, you will not be able to install Quick Media Converter on your computer since it needs writing authorization not only read .

2) If you still cannot install it make sure that the install file you downloaded is from our website, that way you should always get the latest ... Some websites still have not yet updated their versions wich are now useledd , ie : download.com, who host a previous version (2.9 that is no longer valid).

The latest version is 3.4(5)
Lates Version Info since 27-feb -2008
Info Ver QMC 3.45

and you can donwload QMC 3.45 it here

3) In the event it still doesn t work after all above please let us know and we will try to help you .
We hope this answers your question for now

Have a good day,

HI,

I am able to download latest QMC but during installation i got error massage that UNEXPECTED PROBLEM DETECTED BY W -LANGUAGE SEQURITY MECHANISM.
Further its says there's problem in ACTIVX_web in shell.expolerer and may be entry is wd100obj.dll,
I can not copy the massage in clip board.the massage is in french.
KIndly address my issue!!!!
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 24 Mar 2009, 06:47

Hello,

the activeX-webcam from windows is not installed.
Begin in first to reinstall the actieX.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
zanders

Postby zanders » 25 Apr 2010, 17:46

Erreur à la ligne 61 du traitement Procédure globale Creation_Fic.
Vous avez appelé la fonction HOuvre.
Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier <C:\Users\Administer\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>.
Le fichier n'a été trouvé ni sur disque, ni dans les bibliothèques (.WDL) ou les composants (.WDK) chargés.

Détail de l'erreur système :

The system cannot find the file specified.
(2)

Informations techniques

Projet : Converter

Dump de l'erreur du module <WD140HF.DLL> <14.00Icb>.

- Appel WL :
Traitement de <pConverter.Creation_Fic>, ligne <61>, thread <0>
Fonction <HOuvre>, n° de syntaxe <3>

- Niveau : erreur fatale (EL_FATAL)

- Code erreur : 70302

- Code erreur WD55 : 302

- Code d'erreur système : 2

- Message d'erreur système :
The system cannot find the file specified.

- Que s'est-il passé ?
Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier <C:\Users\Administer\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>.
Le fichier n'a été trouvé ni sur disque, ni dans les bibliothèques (.WDL) ou les composants (.WDK) chargés.

- Infos de debug :
##(IXStream)-Handle=<FFFFFFFF>##
Fonction (7,17)

- Infos attachées :
EIT_SRCFILE : <C:\Users\Administer\AppData\Roaming\CocoonSoftware\QMC\FORMAT.ndx>
EIT_LOGICALTABLENAME : <FORMAT>
EIT_PILEWL :
Procédure globale Creation_Fic (pConverter.Creation_Fic), ligne 61
Initialisation de Converter (), ligne 187
EIT_COMPOSANT :

EIT_DATEHEURE : 25/04/2010 21:48:14

- Pas d'identifiant dans le .err

Assistance

Return to “Registration and Installation Issues”