Cant convert 3g2 file - LG Phone

Anything related to mobile phone and GSM conversions should be posted here
mrlewp

Cant convert 3g2 file - LG Phone

Postby mrlewp » 27 Sep 2008, 23:47

Many I see having this problem . So there are different type 3g2 video types, just as there are different brand phones ? Does anyone have success with 3g2 files , converting to any format ?
I have files on PC from my LG 8300VX cellphone. Is there an online conversion site ?
Team Cocoon
Site Admin

Re: Cant convert 3g2 file - LG Phone

Postby Team Cocoon » 28 Sep 2008, 02:40

Hello and welcome ,

Depending on your location , your problem probably comes from the audio codec of your phone if you are located in the Us . Your phone probably uses QCELP codec and therefore it is very likely you get a video and no sound . This subject is widely discussed in this Mobile phone section of the forum where I moved your post to. You can also use the search tool to find out more .

Also if your problem is different than the one we suspect , thank you for reading our posting rules and find out how to properly ask for questions and help us all save a lot of time by following the procedure.

I hope this adequately answers your question.

Have a good day.
PS : It is very likely that you will not find any free software with a solution for QCELP as it is a proprietary codec and money issues are at stake.
Team Cocoon
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm

Return to “Mobile phone Questions”