Is it possible to run QMC with cmd under Windows?

Ask for help here
Please give us your software version and OS
and try to produce detailed information about your problem....
sledgehammer89

Is it possible to run QMC with cmd under Windows?

Postby sledgehammer89 » 01 May 2011, 16:35

Hello everybody,

while working at a project in Visual Studio 2010, I've come to a point where I really need a helping hand in getting knowledge of Quick Media Converter and its way of operation.
The problem I've been confronted with is the following:
My program is about to start some applications which can be selected freely and after finishing their work, these applications are automaticaly shut down, as well as Windows itself. One of these applications to be started is the QMC. So far, I easily managed to start QMC.
But now it's kind of menacing for the success of my project to get to know WHETHER there is a way to set up parameters over the cmd-line and if, how I can do that.
Or more precisely: I want to "tell" QMC: what videos to convert, where to put the output to and of course which codec to use. And all of that should be done over the cmd-line in Windows or more exactly in my program - which is nearly the same.

If it is possible for you, please help me with this because to be honest: I have no ideas left where to look for any more information. More or less you are my only left chance of getting help :)

Thanks so far
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to run QMC with cmd under Windows?

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 02 May 2011, 05:33

Hello,

welcome.

I ask to the developper.

Have a nivce day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
sledgehammer89

Postby sledgehammer89 » 11 May 2011, 20:17

after having waited several days and still having no answer, I wanted to know whether you've forgotten me or just had no time/opportunity to ask the developer. Maybe you could just give me a hinsh to whether and when I could expect a sollutuon/answer to my concern.

Yours sencerely
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 12 May 2011, 06:35

Hello,
it's a gui software.
We have received the informations and we can only send in cmd line a file to convert.
Thus it is only possible to launch QMC for make an conversion.
We can view with the developer for add in the next version to include a cmd to close the software.

I'm not sure this implementation is accepted.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
sledgehammer89

Postby sledgehammer89 » 12 May 2011, 14:52

Hello

first: thanks a lot for your answer.

And well, of course I'm aware of this software being a gui-software and therefore not specially made for my needs. And I also didn't meant to push development in a certain direction, which means forcing you in any way to fit my needs. This has never been my purpose! :D
I also don't expect theese changes to be made to the software. It's as perfect as it is.

But one last thing I have to know: you said it would be possible to start QMC over cmd and adding a - which means ONE - file that shall be converted. So HOW to do that and is there also the possibility to add MORE files, for example 10?

Kind regards
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 16 May 2011, 17:21

Hello,
we can ask to the developer.
Why not in the future ?

We send you the command line to convert an video.

Have a nice day
thx for donating
Team Cocoon
sledgehammer89

Postby sledgehammer89 » 16 May 2011, 20:18

Good evening

yeah, that would be great. Hopefully this will help, otherwise I'd have to find another solution. And this could get very tricky :D

And I didn't meant to say that it shouldn't be possible in the future. I just meant that I didn't want to push development in any direction :D

Return to “Support for Quick Media Converter”