Multi-core Processors

niceget

Multi-core Processors

Postby niceget » 31 Jan 2011, 00:47

I am very impressed with ever thing about this program compared to AVS4YOU, SoThink Video Converter, Total Video Converter and about five others. Three of the ones I have tested I upgraded to Professional versions.

This is a sincere compliment. The GUI is very nice and using the YouTube Button and two simple selections makes converting and uploading a snap! I have three desktop video software programs which all record RAW video (AVI). I do narrated tutorials for customers and upload them to YouTube. You program is very cool and does a great job so far. I have tested it for about four hours to-date.

The conversion speed of QMC is a bit slower than SoThink and Total Video. I went into the program settings to see if there is a choice to make processing High Priority to allow the program to utilize all system resources at will. I couldn't' find many program tweaks.....that's actually a good thing. Too much of anything is overkill and takes the fun out of using great software with a clear and simple GUI. Having said that, if there is no adjustment, could you throw in a slider or button to allow this action to take place?

Being an aficionado with video recording software, I must say Quick Media Converter has a fun GUI that's simple to use. Simple is key....and over zealous dev/s can make a GUI way to sophisticated.

You've done a great job with this program and I am going to install it on three family member's computers and teach them the ropes. They are scattered across the U.S. but I am an expert remote desktop support freelancer who uses TeamViewer.com 's licensed software. I will be connecting to their computers in a few days to remove the other "video stuff" they have been using and introduce them to your software.

Kudos on a great job and I will stay in touch as I practice, teach and experiment with your software.

Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Re: Multi-core Processors

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 31 Jan 2011, 20:33

Hello,

thank you for your support.

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm
Team Cocoon
niceget

Postby niceget » 02 Feb 2011, 07:28

I guess I missed the option to choose multi-core processors the first time, or the choice was in the newer version. In either case, I found the choice to use both cores. :D
Attachments
Capture.png
Capture.png (52.34 KiB) Viewed 12033 times
Cocoon-Dev
Site Admin

Postby Cocoon-Dev » 03 Feb 2011, 06:59

Hello,

in the new version 4.5.0.0

Have a nice day.
thx for donating
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/paypaldonate-us.htm